Trump does not even know the US geography

A lot of the stuff that comes out on CAF would get funny looks among Catholics I grew up with and the comment ‘give it a rest’ would get used for a not inconsiderable amount of the extreme right or left wing positions people adopt at time. Mind you, I’m also a non-American.

2 Likes

The nominee won’t have to in either one. Those are Dem cities, or one Dem city depending on how you want to look at it. The Repubs are out in the suburbs, small towns and rural areas.

But both Ks and Mo are pretty red on the whole.

1 Like

Trump’s poor geography strikes again: President praises ‘famous Concord down the road’ in New Hampshire, confusing it with Massachusetts town of the American Revolution

1 Like

With all due respect, and as a person who is not a Trump supporter, everyone makes geography mistakes, even Jeopardy contestants.

2 Likes

Sally, yes, I know.

I think these gaffs are more a lack of cultural literacy than geography, though.

Apologies to anybody here from Missiori, but the Kansas City Chiefs faux pas was actually minor compared to telling a crowd in Pittsburgh that in addition to the wall in New Mexico he was building a wall in Colorado or tweeting that Alabama was among the states that Hurricane Dorian “will most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated.” It is going to take a lot longer to live those down.

Yes, I agree that geography mistakes are embarrassing but hardly the kind of thing that makes or breaks the success of a US Administration.

Am I the only one that finds irony in his accusation that Mexico isn’t exactly sending us their brightest?

Thought for the month: He becomes guilty of rash judgment who, even tacitly, assumes as true, without sufficient foundation, the moral fault of a neighbor. - Catechism of the Catholic Church.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 27 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.