Trump, in speech to Congress, calls to ‘restart the engine’ of US economy

foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/28/trump-in-speech-to-congress-calls-to-restart-engine-us-economy.html

One of my favorite moments in the President's speech was when he said "My job is to represent the United States, not the World".

I thought Trump’s speech was quite good. It was a good way to summarize what he has done so far, and with his aspirations for the future. Hopefully, Republicans and Democrats will indeed work together to do what is right for the American people.

May God bless you all! :slight_smile:

Every time this guy speaks, I like him more.
Every time I hear any media outlets talk about him, I like him less.

Every time I hear the media talk about the President, I dislike them more.

Amen!That phrase will be remembered much like JFK’s " Ask not what your country can do for you…"
:thumbsup:

Dang near had a tingle up my leg from that speech!

I think he’ll get a bump from the speech, as his speech writers managed to put a veneer of sanity and near-eloquence over his nationalist policies.

Van Jones: Trump Became President Tonight and Democrats Should be Worried
redstate.com/kiradavis/2017/02/28/van-jones-trump-became-president-tonight-democrats-worried/

Loving the talk therapy group session going on right now on msnbc Hard Ball. I think Chris will pull everyone in the end for a group hug and a cathartic cry. It’s what’s needed to heal.

First time for everything in life, and this was the first time I’ve ever agreed with Van Jones.

What Trump Got Right in His Speech to Congress
dailysignal.com/2017/02/28/instant-analysis-of-trumps-speech-to-congress/

I know. I am shocked he made a positive comment!

Great speech and delivery!

He looked, acted, and sounded…presidential. Deo gratias!

I agree. While there is much that I disagree within content, I really hope that he can keep the disciplined tone.
politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-speech-backstory-235552

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/trump-speech-polls-cnn-orc-2017-2&ved=0ahUKEwjms7uQiLXSAhXm64MKHUVjCIAQqUMIKTAE&usg=AFQjCNGM4Q2AiwZuL4gRtUeF7kntxpQ4kA&sig2=B7fDx7SBryaMjmQ-Exj_rQ

It will be interesting to see the next round of the approval ratings.

I was able to catch bits and pieces of it between cooking dinner, finishing laundry, etc., but he did sound presidential and stayed on
topic and I hope will be able to fulfill his plans and ideas. My neighbor said Trump did a good job. I cannot believe it is still just a little over one month since the inauguration!

thanks for sharing the article. it was interesting.

But it was the antithesis of JFK:

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty. - JFK

I liked the fact that he mentioned some things that need to be done, and talked about concrete actions he has already taken wrt them. Since he has only been president for a month, I think if he continues in this direction, that a lot will get done and his speeches will reflect that.

I also got the impression that he means to keep on top of these goals and make sure that what he starts follows through, like if he starts a group to examine what needs to be done, that the members move forward on accomplishing their goal. If someone proposes a regulation, he will ask, which two do you plan to abolish?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.