Trump Invites Israeli PM Netanyahu to Washington

President Donald Trump invited Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to Washington next month, the prime minister’s office said today, making the Israeli one of the first foreign leaders with whom Trump will have met after taking office.

During a phone call today, one of Trump’s first with a foreign leader since assuming the presidency Friday, Trump and Netanyahu discussed “the nuclear deal with Iran, the peace process with the Palestinians and other issues,” Netanyahu’s office said in a statement.

Trump also invited the Israeli prime minister to visit Washington in February, with a final date to be determined in the coming days, the statement said.

The call today was the third Trump has held with a foreign leader since Friday, according to the White House. He previously spoke with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said Saturday.

abcnews.go.com/International/trump-speak-israeli-pm-netanyahu-today/story?id=44968543

So he is meeting with the President of Mexico, Theresa May, the Prime Minister of Britain and lastly Benjamin Netanyahu. He is taking care of business.

Oh, I just love this so much. Fantastic. Textbook perfect start as far as I am concerned. How long will it last I wonder; I do hope it continues.

It is hard to believe, but I suggested here on the forum last year that it would be more honest on the part of our government to elect Benjamin Netanyahu president. People here on the forum thought my statements were ridiculous (hey, so they were, a little:)!), but we may have our foreign policy toward the ME directly overseen by the Israeli Prime Minister.

Ironically, the first step of “America First” will be “Israel First”. This is absolutely nothing new, especially in light of the types of votes congress takes (in January overwhelmingly supporting settlement activity in Israel). It is heartening that there may be no more silly games and feigned “non-bias” on the part of America’s “peacemakers” who time and time again broker peace deals that never solve anything but continue to give Israel time to create more “facts on the ground” in the form of land/resource theft and home demolitions.

It’s an interesting arrangement, or order of preference if you will.

Strictly speaking, Theresa May will be the first foreign leader to actually meet him in person in the United States and also the first foreign leader to hold talks with the new President in the White House.

latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-trailguide-updates-1485041479-htmlstory.html

**Trump’s first visit from a foreign leader will be Britain’s Theresa May

President Trump will hold his first face-to-face meeting with a foreign leader when British Prime Minister Theresa May visits the White House on Friday, Press Secretary Sean Spicer announced Saturday.

In his first full day as president, Trump also spoke by phone with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, and Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto, Spicer said. Trump and Peña Nieto will meet Jan. 31 to discuss trade, immigration and security, Spicer said.**

I’ll be interested to see the press conference…

:extrahappy:

Correct. May is first (or ‘my Maggie’ as Trump calls her in private). I have a lot of respect for Theresa May - between you and me - more than for Trump. Although I expect she will keep her British ‘cool’ through the whole thing, we might get some good flashes of shocked facial expressions, panic/embarrassment/repulsion in her eyes for a second or two. :smiley:

Seriously, I hope it goes well for the sake of both countries. (and that he listens to her on Brexit, EU, etc.) Who knows, maybe they get along.

Churchill bust is back in the Oval Office too - thanks be to God.
:clapping:

Yes, I did hear that on the BBC:

channel4.com/news/theresa-may-to-meet-with-donald-trump

The Prime Minister says she’s hoping to “build on the special relationship” in her talks with Mr Trump. But she warned that she would not be afraid to say if she found something unacceptable. The President certainly seems to believe he can develop a chemistry with Mrs May, reportedly referring to her as “my Maggie”, in a reference to the relationship between Mrs Thatcher and Ronald Reagan back in the 1980s

I have a lot of respect for Theresa May - between you and me - more than for Trump. Although I expect she will keep her British ‘cool’ through the whole thing, we might get some good flashes of shocked facial expressions, panic/embarrassment/repulsion in her eyes for a second or two. :smiley:

One things for sure - it will be unmissable TV viewing. Trump’s first press conference with a foreign leader. :popcorn:

I think it is May’s facial expressions that I’ll be watching for. Trump is just so unpredictable that I just don’t know how this is going to pan out.

Seriously, I hope it goes well for the sake of both countries. (and that he listens to her on Brexit, EU, etc.) Who knows, maybe they get along.

As above, who knows where Mr Trump is concerned. No crystal ball could possibly predict.

Churchill bust is back in the Oval Office too - thanks be to God.
:clapping:

I suppose every cloud has a silver lining :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Refreshing to read the occasional honest opinion.

Curious as to why you find this significant?

They were both bombastic egotists.

There, of course, the similarity ends…

It most definitely does :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.