Trump: 'Nobody knew health care could be so complicated'

Lordy. Ya learn something every day.

cnn.com/2017/02/27/politics/trump-health-care-complicated/

Even more complicated when you cut funding.

It’s only complicated because of government and arm-chair “caring” :bighanky:.

When I read this headline earlier today, I literally laughed out loud. I’m pretty sure that most of Trump’s opponents in both the primary and general elections had a better sense of how complicated healthcare could be…

Oh that was you I heard over my own laugh. :thumbsup:

:smiley:

Yep. He has a lot to learn…from the complexities of health care to the fact that Homeland Security operations on US soil are not “military operations”. :rolleyes:

If you read the article though it says they have come up with a solution, a plan which will soon be released.

What were Nancy Pelosi’s famous words about Obama care?

Health care can be made to be excessively complicated.

For a hundred years, people learned math by memorizing the addition, subtraction, multiplication and division tables. Now, however, they need to go through multiple operations.

Health care was fine until Obama got his hands on it.

Health insurance became convoluted.

Well … just remember, if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.

If you like your plan, you can keep your plan.

And under Obamacare, you will save $2,500 per year.

NOT.

Remember Jonathan Gruber:

azquotes.com/author/57846-Jonathan_Gruber

Jonathan Gruber is the person who wrote the Obamacare Program.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Gruber_(economist

Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage. Call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically, that was really, really critical for the thing to pass.
Jonathan Gruber

If any American really believes that Obamacare is going to control costs, I’ve got some real estate in Whitewater, Arkansas I’d like to sell them.
Jonathan Gruber

Exploiting the stupidity of the American voter is fun and easy: kinda like squeezing a lemon.
Jonathan Gruber

The typical American voter is so stupid, his dog teaches him tricks.
Jonathan Gruber

Ultimately, what may be needed to address the obesity problem are direct taxes on body weight.
Jonathan Gruber

Are you really questioning the wisdom of central planning? Because the happy citizens of Cuba and North Korea beg to differ.
Jonathan Gruber

P.T. Barnum said a sucker is born every minute, but his estimate was laughably low.
Jonathan Gruber

When we’re done with employer-based health insurance, it will have as much life in it as Jimmy Hoffa.
Jonathan Gruber

The stupidity of the American voter is exceeded only by its slovenliness.
Jonathan Gruber

Obamacare’s not imploding. The main goal of Obamacare was two-fold. One was to cover the uninsured, of which we’ve covered 20 million, the largest expansion in American history. The other was to fix broken insurance markets where insurers could deny people insurance just because they were sick or they had been sick. Those have been fixed, and for the vast majority of Americans, costs in those markets have come down, thanks to the subsidies made available under Obamacare…
Jonathan Gruber

What’s important to remember politically about this is if you’re a state and you don’t set up an exchange, that means your citizens don’t get their tax credits-but your citizens still pay the taxes that support this bill. So you’re essentially saying [to] your citizens you’re going to pay all the taxes to help all the other states in the country. I hope that that’s a blatant enough political reality that states will get their act together and realize there are billions of dollars at stake here in setting up these exchanges. But, you know, once again the politics can get ugly around this.
Jonathan Gruber

Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage,
Jonathan Gruber

If you’re a state and you don’t set up an exchange, that means your citizens don’t get their tax credits.
Jonathan Gruber

It’s hard to know what you can do just on your own as a new administration.
Jonathan Gruber

Health care isn’t complicated. What’s complicated is trying to micromanage the health care of 350,000,000 people with different needs and desires from Washington DC. The best way to “fix” health care is to get the government out of as much of it as possible.

With people like that running things, who needs enemies!!! Obama has been our worst nightmare in soooo many ways!!! God Bless, Memaw

The tone of the article is still a cnn hit piece rather than journalistic professionalism. Nothing of value from a neutral reporting or informing standpoint.

One thing I did notice, was the title of the writer was “Whitehouse Producer” rather than correspondent. Not sure if he is one of the journalists kicked out due to the nature of their reporting.

What is interesting is that even after this was revealed, so many seemingly wise people continue to support them.

There’s value in knowing the algorithms for working things out. Especially when working with software systems. Not to mention that there are more mathimatical operations than those covered by Please My Dear Aunt Sally.

It’s apparent that’s a promise that no one can make good on. Doctors change insurance plans, employers, move, die, and are subject to many the same changes in life that other people are.

Interested in the opinions of ya’all…subscribed.

Imagine thinking healthcare was fine pre Obama. Nearly 50 mil Americans uninsured.

Back in December, my mom and I had to scramble to get me new health insurance. My current at the time plan was being dropped. We ended up going to a local business that helped people sign up for health insurance on the marketplace. It was a little complicated and we were glad for this lady’s help. I needed insurance company that a doctor I only see annually would take, as well as doctors i see only once in awhile.

The process on the website is very frustrating…my dad was having trouble…that is why we sought assistance.

Pelosi said “we have to pass it to see what’s in it”

Wasn’t the original bill 3000 pages long?

Please do not conflate health care with health insurance.

One is medical; the other is paying for it.

Two TOTALLY different things.

I think the number uninsured was 20 million. At least that was the number being bandied about when the Obamacare debate was taking place.

You could still get healthCARE.

There were OTHER ways of providing the insurance/financing, but Obama’s goal was SINGLEPAYER … MEANING THAT THE GOVERNMENT PAYS.

He even stated that Obamacare was going to be an unfortunate middle step toward single payer.

His plan was for Obamacare to fail and then be replaced by Single Payer.

No you couldn’t. This is just not true.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.