Trump Offers Prayer for Arnold Schwarzenegger, 'Apprentice' Ratings

“They hired a big movie star, Arnold Schwarzenegger to take my place, and we know how that turned out,” Trump said at the top of his remarks at this morning’s National Prayer Breakfast.

Praying for reality TV ratings at a faith and prayer forum, he continued, “The ratings went right down the tubes. It’s been a total disaster. And Mark [Burnett] will never, ever bet against Trump again, and I want to just pray for Arnold, if we can, for those ratings.”

A spokesman for Schwarzenegger fired back at Trump this morning.

“Arnold is praying that President Trump can start improving his own approval ratings, which were the worst in history for an incoming president, by taking his job seriously and working inclusively," Daniel Ketchell, the spokesman, told ABC News.

And Schwarzenegger himself responded by saying:

“Hey Donald, I have a great idea. Why don’t we switch jobs: You take over TV, because you are such an expert in ratings, and I take your job. Then people can finally sleep comfortably again.”

abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-trump-attend-national-prayer-breakfast/story?id=45203891

Very embarrassed for our country.

I think I will call up my parish priest and ask him to cancel this weekend’s mass intentions and change them all to intentions for improving Arnold’s low Apprentice ratings.

#PrayForArnold

Shows the maturity level he is at.
This is a nightmare.

I’m more so it seems everyday. :frowning:

:rotfl:

Wow, libs are really digging here. LOL

Welcome back, Michael! :wink:

It was a joke. President Trump is a much better comedian than President.

Not going away. I was encouraged to stay and fight the good fight.

And to think I voted for this guy…here he is insulting leaders around the world…then at a National Prayer Breakfast he’s asking for prayers for Arnie because he’s a flop while he…the Don was such a star on the Apprentice??..the guys an egomaniac

Just like the remarks he made about rape?
He’s a man-child.
The office of the Presidency requires a certain decorum.
At least it used to.
And in fairness Trump wasn’t the first to dive into the President as comedian realm.
That doesn’t make it any better though.

This seems in context to have been a joke while relating some story. Trump was an entertainer not that long ago. If Trump is petty, and maybe he is, why does Arnold seem to respond every time?

Then I expect we’ll be on the same side of most issues.

Gave you a raise huh?
:smiley:

I totally agree. He is a terrible comedian. (He did get one laugh. Himself.)

(now put the two posts together…):smiley:

Oh that reminds me, I need to give Soros a call. My check must be lost in the mail. :smiley:

I assumed this was a joke. Are people taking this seriously?

Yes and once again they have it wrong!

Comparing Trump tweets to Mass? :ehh:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.