Trump praises military, calls for 'Space Force' as new branch of armed forces

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/13/trump-praises-military-calls-for-space-force-as-new-branch-armed-forces.html

At Marine Corps Air Station Miramar in San Diego, California, President Trump calls for a dedicated “Space Force” to join Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard.

1 Like

Oh please no. We already need to roll the Air Force back into the Army, the Navy can handle the spaceships. We’ll have space sailors and space marines.

1 Like

So much for the Space treaty of 1966. Among other things it prohibits putting weapons platforms in orbit around any celestial body.

That treaty will not last out the century. For one thing, defending Earth against the possibility of asteroid strikes will require weaponizing space.

Who’s up for enlisting in Star Fleet?

D

Woohoo! we’ll finally see real x-Wings and Y-Wings and defeat the evil empire once and for all!

I’m all for it, as long as we also start a branch called the Jedi knights, lol.

3 Likes

Sith happens. :smiling_imp:

(I’m all about that Dark side, muahahahah)

2 Likes

Flag of the Russian Space Forces.

4 Likes

Where did you get the idea that a weapons platform in orbit is involved???

That is soooo last century!

Sure, in much the same way that many of our birthdays are last century.

Though much of the time I get the impression the president is just talking and hasn’t actually put much through behind many of the things he says.

Look it up on YouTube!

There is more information available than you let on.

Readers and visitors might learn something that would shock them.

Look what up on YouTube?

I’m betting HAARP or something else will be involved with some eejit doing voice overs about mysterious hidden knowledge.

3 Likes

Maybe it’d be good for him to learn how to spell the branches we already have before we start adding stormtroopers.

All the super secret government projects are on YouTube! They’re THAT secret!

He does pronounce the word “corps” correctly.

2 Likes

I can’t wait to see an American expeditionary force colonizing space in the name of manifest destiny :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Now if there were only some place out there that people on earth could reach that support our type of life…

1 Like

I’d be on a ship in a heartbeat, my only requirement would be that I could bring my dogs.

We will be in a race against Russia and China.
England, France and Spain were the colonizing countries in the 17th and 18th
century.
I think Russia, China and the U.S. will be colonizing in the space race.

2 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.