Trump ratchets up "rigged election" claims, which Pence downplays

And he hasn’t even lost yet.

cnn.com/2016/10/15/politics/donald-trump-rigged-election-hillary-clinton/index.html

Its been rigged by the mainstream media in coordination with the Hillary campaign since the primaries. No doubt about it now!

[quote=President Obama]One of the great things about America’s democracy is we have a vigorous, sometimes bitter political contest, and when it’s done, historically, regardless of party, the person who loses the election congratulates the winner, reaffirms our democracy and we move forward… I have never seen in my lifetime or in modern political history, any presidential candidate trying to discredit the elections and the election process before votes have even taken place. It’s unprecedented. It happens to be based on no facts…]

If whenever things are going badly for you and you lose, you start blaming somebody else, then you don’t have what it takes to be in this job… But the larger point that I want to emphasize here, is that there is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even rig America’s elections. And so I’d invite Mr. Trump to stop whining and go make his case to get votes.
[/quote]

ref

Why is Trump’s running mate and other republicans saying that is not the case?
Are people like Pence and Ryan, people who are saying that it is not a rigged system, only champions when they support Trump, but sellouts when they don’t?

:thumbsup:

Good for Obama to call on Trump to ‘stop whining’.

Only losers whine. But Trump is a loser and will be proven so come Nov. 8.

Obama said the right thing.
Trump stop whining.
Republicans did not cry foul when Bush won the WH in 2000, and the elections were super close in Florida.

Republicans can’t have it both ways.

You truly believe that there has been a massive conspiracy and that democracy as we knew it no longer exists in America?

Also heard the polling is squewed in HC favor .This to give the impression she is so far ahead,that when the cheating occurs,no one will question her victory. Funny thing,I rarely see any HC bumper stickers or yard signs.Yet I do see Trump stickers and yard signs throughout the area and not in just certain demographics.

First, the elections were rigged through voter fraud. The claim was refuted. Then the definition of “rigged” changed. Rigged now means that the Clintons/DNC collaborated with the MSM to rig the campaign coverage.

My prediction? The next “rigging” will include the RNC/Ryan/other Republicans who are part of Washington insider corruption.

You could very well be correct about this.The Republican establishment would much rather have HC be president than Trump.Hugh Hewitt,a talk radio host and former Regan staffer,has pretty much shown his cards.He has been talking Trump down for weeks now.Nah,the two parties are just different sides of the same coin for the most part.Except for a select few true conservatives.

Interesting. Trump is not even a conservative.

:popcorn:

Obama is one to be talking.He is probably the whiniest president ever.Always pulling the race card whenever he doesn’t get his way.He loves to chide and goad.He can dish it out but can never take it.:rolleyes:

I wasn’t talking about Trump I was talking about establishment conservatives.:rolleyes:

It’s interesting you say that. I’ve only seen yard signs for local candidates in my neck of the woods. Very unusual so close to an election.

They are just now starting to pop up.

If there is any rigging, it’s done by the major two parties excluding third and fourth parties, depriving them of equal time, etc.

I’m going to do my part of the rigging by not voting for Trump. To be fair, I’m rigging it against Hillary also, by not voting for her either.

:thumbsup:

Same here.

:eek:

I hope you’re being facetious…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.