Trump’s campaign stops possibly linked to Covid-19 surges in at least five places

As President Donald Trump jetted across the country [holding campaign rallies during the past two months, he didn’t just defy state orders and federal health guidelines. He left a trail of coronavirus outbreaks in his wake.

3 Likes

Correlation does not equal causation.

2 Likes

8 million cases says otherwise.

This. How much contact tracing was done to definitively link the rallies to the outbreaks? Hmm…

Covid-19 is going to surge everywhere. Trump or no Trump.

2 Likes

Since there are spiking cases all over the country, it’s probably prudent to not have large rallies in closed spaces without masks.

3 Likes

That would require caring more about the lives of your supporters than about having photos of big crowds.

2 Likes

What a load of malarkey

Common sense is uncommon.

1 Like

Sounds pretty bad.

Of course, 100% of people that have been exposed to dihydrogen monoxide die.
Perhaps we should ban it as well.

2 Likes

You think that’s bad, you should check out the stats around dihydrogen monoxide.

Missed that.
Corrected it .
Thanks.

Cases in my state are surging, cases in the states around me are surging and President Trump hasn’t been here. I guess our cases aren’t Trump’s fault. Must be just the science of the virus, people get sick due to the virus being contagious.

2 Likes

And yet science tells us there are precautions we can take to help mitigate the spread;
Precautions some chose to ignore.

Ah

But was he near your state?
Perhaps flew by?
Or maybe it’s because he was in the same country.

3 Likes

Statistics show that the majority that get sick are, in fact, taking these precautions.

2 Likes

Correlation does not prove causation, but it is strongly suggestive of it - especially in the absence of alternative explanations for the correlation.

Perhaps, but the magnitude of those surges is not inevitable, but is subject to our behavior.

This misuse of statistics to imply that precautions do not help is just that - a misuse of statistics.

3 Likes

How much more so those who are not?

From what I have read, the percentage is above 80% that test positive and also claim to be taking the precautions.

It is simply a statement of fact.
You are free to misuse it however you like.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.