Trump Slams Hillary Clinton as 'Nasty, Mean Enabler' of Husband's Affairs

EUGENE, Ore. — An unrestrained Donald Trump called Hillary Clinton an “unbelievably nasty, mean enabler” who “destroyed” the lives of her husband’s mistresses during a rally in Oregon on Friday night.

The comments, made during an evening rally in Eugene, Ore., marked the sharpest tone he’s taken against the Democratic frontrunner since becoming his party’s presumptive nominee, and the first time he’s been so direct in referencing Bill Clinton’s affairs in months.

nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-slams-hillary-clinton-nasty-mean-enabler-husband-s-affairs-n569791

Could not agree more

I guess that since Trump is three times married, he likely had his fair share of affairs, so I’m sure he would like to blame those on his former wives.

People who have affairs tend to want to blame the wives.

If he belittles Hillary too much, he’s going to come off as a bully and she a victim, and people will begin to feel a lot of sympathy for her.

He’s also not doing the Republican Party any favors in restoring its dignity. He needs to concentrate on the issues, but I’m not convinced he can. I look forward to a debate on the issues between the two.

Nor could I

Maybe he’s contrasting the tactics utilized by Clinton and that of Trump’s ex-wives.

Trump’s appeal is that he is a bully. It seems to be working with the electorate. Also, I don’t believe he has any intention of doing the Republicans (of which I presume you mean the party leadership, not those who voted him their nominee) any favors.

It’s just been my experience that two types of people would place the blame on an affair on the spouse of the person that’s doing the cheating.

1. People that have affairs.
  2. People that are so weak that they would blame themselves if their spouse has an affair.

I don’t think Trump is 2).

Being a bully worked when he was dealing with seasoned politicians in the primary, but it’s not going to work with a female opponent in the general. Not over the long haul. And not with enough voters. It becomes a huge turn-off, especially when he can’t answer questions about the real issues.

Sometimes I wonder if I’m watching a Presidential election run-up, or a feud between two WWE Superstars. The promos are getting pretty intense…

(And yes, Trump has made appearances on WWE. Do you think Vince McMahon is coaching him a little? :p)

Pathetic. No one “enables” a spouse’s cheating. Bill’s infidelities are on Bill. Blaming his wife for them is another sad sign that Trump likes to flirt with misogyny, if not fully courting it.

Is Trump doing this to show the hypocrisy of Hillary’s public pro-women’s stance to her private behavior in which she demeans women? It does not appear so; at least, he does not spell it out. Instead, he seems to be interested in contrasting Hillary’s treatment of women to his own. After all, he supposedly cherishes women, and just to prove it, he continues to insult Elizabeth Warren by calling her a “goofus” and basket case. Such a logical argument on Trump’s part.

Other sources say Hillary is nasty.

What a horrible man Trump is. Disgusting thing to say.

It probably appeals a lot to men who have had affairs and wants to blame their wives for it.

Every time he speaks he adds to the severity of the defeat he will take in November, and when it causes the loss of the GOP House of Reps and gains by Dems in Senate, I hope you feel vindicated. …it’s kind of the proverbial “cutting off you nose to spite your face”.:shrug:

Sounds ironic to have Trump saying Hillary is mean and nasty. Sort of like the pot calling the kettle black. This would help convince me to vote for Hillary.

Maybe someone could find this for me.

A few months back, I was channel surfing and came across a YouTube … Hillary Clinton had just climbed up the stairs to the door of her plane and when she stepped inside, she apparently tripped and fell.

She let loose a spray of invective that was hair curling.

Might be illuminating to refind that video clip.

Several reports also gave her as being very nasty to her Secret Service detail.

Just a note to look up … Dan Bongino (sp) … used to be on the Secret Service detail and wrote a book and sometimes does a radio program.

He is liable to lose anyone whose spouse cheated on them if he keeps this up.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.