Trump team and United Technologies reach agreement on keeping close to 1,000 factory jobs in Carrier plant in Indiana

BREAKING: Trump team and United Technologies reach agreement on keeping close to 1,000 factory jobs in Carrier plant in Indiana - sources

twitter.com/CNBC/status/803752722403098628

More

Trump will visit IN on Thurs. to announce Carrier deal, which includes new inducements from state; deal spearheaded by Pence - sources

The parent company of Carrier is United Technologies, a major Pentagon supplier.

reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-sanders-idUSKBN13L0YU?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=583a233004d3013ac6f4165a&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

War is big business. :cool:

Why couldn’t Obama put the same pressure on them?

Wouldn’t it have been fun to have been a fly on the wall during those discussions! :smiley:

To learn art of the deal?!

He makes deals! It’s what he does! :thumbsup:
I am liking this already.

Because Indiana is a red state and transforming 1,000 factory workers into 1,000 welfare recipients boosts the DNC’s voter base in Indiana.

It’s a start. I wish them success and hope that the saved 1,000 jobs turn into 2,000 more. :thumbsup:

MAGA

That would be good to see. :thumbsup:

Donald Trump may be the greatest person alive in the world today.

Could be…

theguardian.com/business/2016/nov/28/trump-us-markets-investment-tax-reform-job-creation

mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/28/world/middleeast/trump-effect-is-already-shaping-events-around-the-world.html?ref=todayspaper&referer=http://www.realclearpolitics.com/2016/11/29/039trump_effect039_already_shaping_events_around_the_world_396681.html

It wasn’t pressure. It was a bribe. “A source, who is familiar with the plan, said state incentives are part of the deal.

I’m happy to hear jobs will be staying in the US but I want to actually know what the deal contains before I give it a :thumbsup:

Of course there are incentives. There are always incentives. That’s part of making any deal, whether it’s keeping jobs in the U.S. or buying a car. I just wonder if one of the incentives was, “You move those jobs out of the country, you’ll never get another federal contract, at least as long as I am in office.”

I am ok with that. :rolleyes:

I guess we will find out soon enough.

Yeah, me too :smiley:

Nothing wrong with making a deal by offering a little corporate welfare! :rolleyes:

As long as it’s corporate, apparently not.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.