Trump Tests Positive for COVID

And you thought the race has been crazy so far…

3 Likes

Src

Trump Tests Positive For Covid-19; Stocks Fall: Virus Update

U.S. President Donald Trump said in a tweet that he and First Lady Melania Trump tested positive for Covid-19. The president said they will begin “quarantine and recovery process immediately.” The president was tested after Hope Hicks, one of his closest aides, also tested positive. Hicks traveled with Trump aboard Air Force One to and from the presidential debate in Cleveland on Tuesday.

Amazon.com Inc. said close to 20,000 of its employees had tested positive for the virus during the pandemic. A $1 billion funding package to help the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention fight Covid-19 has remained mostly unspent, people familiar with the matter said.

I wonder why the stock market is falling because of this.

2 Likes

Watching the news and just heard. Prayers for POTUS, FLOTUS and all of those exposed to the CV19. :pray: 2020 just keeps kicking us all!

15 Likes

Prayers out for the Trump family.

11 Likes

No doubt the President and Melania were exposed to the virus by close contact with adviser, Hope Hicks. Contact tracing is now necessary with regard to Hicks as well as Trump, and that would include, among others, Biden, who participated with Trump in the debate on Tuesday.

I think no matter what one’s feeling toward the President may be, prayers are in order for him and his wife, for Hope Hicks, and for our country and its people.

16 Likes

Praying for the Trumps to have a swift recovery.

7 Likes

Regardless of politics I sincerely hope they recover well from this virus. It does however prove that hydroxychloroquine is not a prophylaxis.

3 Likes

I imagine everyone at the debate will have to go into quarantine, prayers none who attended there will catch it.

No one is immune to this virus.

2 Likes

I just read this. I hope they both recover quickly, and that no one else catches it badly.

3 Likes

Hope all goes well for the President and his family.

Testing positive for the virus doesn’t seem to provide all that helpful of information. At least that has been reported of late.

The main area to watch is if the President and his family show symptoms of the virus. So far no mention that symptoms are being experienced.

"Your Coronavirus Test Is Positive. Maybe It Shouldn’t Be.

The usual diagnostic tests may simply be too sensitive and too slow to contain the spread of the virus."

excerpt:

Some of the nation’s leading public health experts are raising a new concern in the endless debate over coronavirus testing in the United States: The standard tests are diagnosing huge numbers of people who may be carrying relatively insignificant amounts of the virus.

Most of these people are not likely to be contagious, and identifying them may contribute to bottlenecks that prevent those who are contagious from being found in time. But researchers say the solution is not to test less, or to skip testing people without symptoms, as recently suggested by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

1 Like

That is a meanspirited remark, as well as a fallacious one. His defeat is by no means more sure than it was in 2016.

4 Likes

Praying for President Trump & Melania and all those caring for them at this time.

2 Likes

So you believe he contracted a potentially deadly virus as a means of gaining votes?

No he is saying he is lying about being positive to get the sympathy votes.

1 Like

Better.
But it would not make much sense given the way he has been campaigning.
And also that this is readily verifiable.

of course not. What I am saying is this really legit? hard to trust him with his track record…

edit: in all reality, he probably does have it considering how he has flouted safety measures.

I imagine this will have him laid up for a couple days and then he’ll be back to work.

1 Like

I would imagine quarantine until they test negative.

1 Like

Does this sound okay?
If, God forbid, you contract the virus, please let us know so we can question your word on it.

No? I agree.

Then maybe we should pray for the recovery of all those who have contracted the virus regardless of what we think of them personally, politically, or otherwise.

9 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.