Trump to Mexico: Take care of 'bad hombres' or US might

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump threatened in a phone call with his Mexican counterpart to send U.S. troops to stop “bad hombres down there” unless the Mexican military does more to control them, according to an excerpt of a transcript of the conversation obtained by The Associated Press.

The excerpt of the call did not detail who exactly Trump considered “bad hombres,” nor did it make clear the tone and context of the remark, made in a Friday morning phone call between the leaders. It also did not contain Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto’s response.

Still, the excerpt offers a rare and striking look at how the new president is conducting diplomacy behind closed doors. Trump’s remarks suggest he is using the same tough and blunt talk with world leaders that he used to rally crowds on the campaign trail.

More:
apnews.com/0b3f5db59b2e4aa78cdbbf008f27fb49

Embarrassing.

Indeed.

Ya know, I actually find myself agreeing with some of his policies, but the man is in way over his head. Plus he has terrible temperamental issues and character flaws that have become magnified now that the spotlight of the presidency is shining on him. I’ve know five year olds with more maturity and self-control. I am becoming more and more convinced that he’s going to mess up in such a spectacular way that even the GOP will be forced to turn on him, and he’ll be gone. I just pray that he doesn’t take the whole country with him.

The president of Mexico denies that the call ever took place.

Just like the Australian prime minister said the phone conversation regarding refugees never took place.

If everyone wants Mike Pence to be president so bad, they should have given him $100 million in the primary and gotten all the super-delegates to vote for him. :smiley:

And I really can’t trust the media since they are at war with President Trump.

Only the Democrats had “superdelegates.”

Maybe if more people understood the system at all its stages, we’d have the leadership we need, rather than the one the angriest subsectors wanted.

It’s over in any case. He’s in command until 2020. I’m going to concentrate on working off my Purgatory.

God Bless and ICXC NIKA

that is a good way of putting it.

It’s gotten to the point where you got to wait a few hours before believing any anti Trump news.

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/www.latimes.com/world/mexico-americas/la-fg-mexico-trump-20170201-story,amp.html&ved=0ahUKEwiasvLEyPDRAhUI3YMKHXA8BVgQiJQBCBswAA&usg=AFQjCNG71JAcUGJVoxWXucwogrKX4t5g1Q

Do you honestly think that the Associated Press is at war with Trump?

I’m sorry, but when I saw this thread title, the first thing I remembered was the hilariously bad ancient Nintendo game, “Bad Dudes”, which begins thusly:

"THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN CAPTURED BY NINJAS.

ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT?"

:rotfl:

I don’t really care what the president says or doesn’t say to the president of Mexico. I care, first and foremost, that he does everything in his power to END ABORTION ON DEMAND!

He does have flaws, granted. And it will cause some in the Cabinet and State Department to make some unexpected visits to demonstrate to allies we value their friendship. But, if and when a world crisis transpires, an enemy will have*** no clue*** what this President is capable of.

Mexico has no interest in ending drug smuggling into the USA.

Neither does the US really…for there to be a ‘war on drugs’ and justify loads of money be spent on it, there must be a significant amount of drugs coming in.

Financially, its far more beneficial to ‘treat’ the problem rather than cure it altogether.

Show us some numbers, amigo.

You’ve made this case more than once, but it’s not at all clear that the added police presence, prison jobs and construction, etc, even come close to the societal costs of drugs. The stuff is illegal for a reason.

Ask the ghosts in Chinese Purgatory from 1840.

ICXC NIKA

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.