Trump tweets late-night warning to Iran’s Rouhani

EXCERPT:
President Trump, in a tweet in capital letters late Sunday night, warned Iranian President Hassan Rouhani that if Iran threatened the United States again, it would face severe consequences, as Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the United States would step up broadcasts into Iran that could destabilize the country’s theocratic rulers.

“To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!” Trump tweeted.

This seems to me like a really bizarre way to conduct the People’s business.

Does Iran even use Twitter.

I feel that controlling himself on twitter would be one of the easier things he could do to appeal to a broader base and to appear somewhat more presidential.

But he continues with the ridiculous tweets.

Stop already.

Yesterday was apparently a doozy.

This is his temperament, triggered easily into making ridiculous tweets.

Sad.

No. It’s banned.

The leadership might have access to it though. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Trump needs to bone up on what Iran allows , before he fires off late night tweets to that country.

I wonder if anyone is going to tell him Twitter is banned in Iran.

Probably banned like self-publication was banned in the Soviet Union. People found other ways to get the same information around.

It’s better than sending the mullahs pallets of cash and hoping for the best…

Funny thing is the Iranian leader responded by threatening the US with the “Mother of all Wars”. I wonder if he remembers the last guy who promised something like that…

I dont use it but i still heard about the response via twitter.

I bet there are lots of banned things that the leadership still enjoys for thelmselves.

But far worse than impementing a carefully constructed agreement with verification of nuclear non-proliferation.

I’m sure they get CNN.

Sharks with frickin’ lasers on the heads would be good too, but we don’t have those either…

Oil prices went up. Wonder if it will be sustained?

You might like to read this:

I couldn’t find anything similar on “sharks with frickin’ lasers on the heads”.

Are you in iran

You reckon?

You were saying?

I reckon…

How does that confirm Iran tunes into cnn, or it’s even broadcast there, or they have twitter

do you really think a country on its way to being capable of making its own nuclear weapons is incapable of accessing a public twitter feed?

from the article in the origional post:

Iran’s state-owned Islamic Republic News Agency replied within hours

How on earth could that possibly be? Twitter is Banned in Iran?!? :thinking:

First response wasn’t to you, and it wasn’t intended to confirm that Iran can get CNN, even though they obviously can.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.