Truth about so-called Hindu ceremony at Fatima

I know that this has been mentioned in other threads but Fr. Fox’s site does now have an article explaining about the so-called “Hindu ceremony”. Its well worth reading and urge everyone to go to the site and read it. If you go to Fr. Fox’s site www.fatimafamily.org and click on the top word articles you will get to a page. Click on “The Hindus in Fatima” and read the article. It basically says that the Hindu priest prayed a prayer for peace. Only he approached the altar and it was done in line with what the church allows for a non-christian to do in a church. The TV program that ran it explained it but it was in porguese(excuse my spelling). The meeting with the Monsg. and the Hindu took place in another room, not in the church and had nothing to do with the prayers the Hindu said. Many, many people got to Fatima to pray for peace. They are from all nations and religions. Our Lady is mother to all mankind not just Christians and Catholics and I’m sure she is pleased that they come to her. We must be very careful when we read info on the internet. We must look at where the info is coming and in this case it was from someone who denies that the consecration of the world and Russia took place in March 1984 as Our Lady asked. Sister Lucia has said it was done as Our Lady asked yet this person doesn’t believe it and looks for things to discredit Fatima. I understand that he didn’t even ask anyone at the Fatima Shrine for an explaintion first just went public with what he thought it was. Surly these people do the devil’s work for him. Go to Fr. Fox’s web site and read the truth.

Just a word of warning. Fr Fox and his Fatima Family group are not official bodies of the Catholic Church.

I believe that this is a schimatic group.

BzyCath;

You must have not gone to his site as it says right on his home page that his apostlate is approved by the Church. He is a well-known speaker on Fatima once writing in the Blue Army mag. He has appeared on EWTN and has always been obedient to the Church. I urge you to visit his site with an open mind. God bless you.

[quote=Super Mom]BzyCath;

You must have not gone to his site as it says right on his home page that his apostlate is approved by the Church. He is a well-known speaker on Fatima once writing in the Blue Army mag. He has appeared on EWTN and has always been obedient to the Church. I urge you to visit his site with an open min. God bless you.
[/quote]

Super Mom,
I stand corrected, please forgive me. :getholy:

Serves me right for commenting before I look at it.

I mixed Fr Fox and his group up with that other group.

Once again, I am sorry.

BzyCath

No problem;) Glad that’s understood.

[quote=ByzCath]Super Mom,
I stand corrected, please forgive me. :getholy:

Serves me right for commenting before I look at it.

I mixed Fr Fox and his group up with that other group.

Once again, I am sorry.
[/quote]

David - There is also another Father Fox who is deep into New Age stuff and works with a Wicca priestess in the San Francisco area. You may be remembering hearing of him.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.