'Truth isn't truth,' says Rudy Giuliani

Pontius Pilate asked Jesus (rhetorically, I assume) “What is truth?”

Bill Clinton said “It depends on what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is.”

Rudy Giuliani, as Trump’s lawyer, is trying to outdo them all: “Truth isn’t truth.”

Satan, the father of lies, is on a roll.

3 Likes

This White House is a gift that keeps on giving.

One could have hoped ‘alternative facts’ was isolated to one individual, perhaps misspoke. But it’s hard to deny this is a widespread problem that goes beyond the man who continues to act like child.

All politicians and their aides are liars but this is well beyond that.

This is what the world has to deal with.

2 Likes

I don’t understand his strategy as his lawyer. First he said his client could have simply killed Comet instead. Now this.

Is there some 4D chess going on that I’m missing?

Edit: darn autocorrect

I consider this largely a fishing expedition, a farce this trial.

We have who some think is the most pro-life President ever, has beat back the persecutors of Christians, that being ISIS, historical low rates of unemployment for minorities and young women in our economy, a president standing up for a Christian pastor being held captive basically in Turkey on what look to be trumped up charges, so life is never a bed of roses so, there may be some drawbacks but everything looks pretty positive.

I don’t see any evidence to this claim.

More so than Ronald Reagan? More so the George W. Bush, who at least used phrases like “culture of life”?

Living an unrepentant promiscuous life is part of the culture of death. The pro life movement has lost legitimacy embracing trump as their poster boy.

3 Likes

There is no 4-d chess. It’s tic-tac-toe with a player who rips the sheet of paper up as he plays.

2 Likes

Well, be careful.

For example. support for Trump by the African-American community has increased tremendously. Trump says “what have you got to lose”.

Reagan was a late convert to pro-life.

George W. Bush refused to fight back and his approval numbers were pounded down.

Trump has said that he will fight back.

Reagan was not as obsessive about anti-abortion legislation as he often seemed. Early in his California governorship he had signed a permissive abortion bill that has resulted in more than a million abortions. Afterward, he inaccurately blamed this outcome on doctors, saying that they had deliberately misinterpreted the law. When Reagan ran for president, he won backing from pro-life forces by advocating a constitutional amendment that would have prohibited all abortions except when necessary to save the life of the mother. Reagan’s stand was partly a product of political calculation, as was his tactic after he was elected of addressing the annual pro-life rally held in Washington by telephone so that he would not be seen with the leaders of the movement on the evening news. While I do not doubt Reagan’s sincerity in advocating an anti-abortion amendment, he invested few political resources toward obtaining this goal.Source: The Role of a Lifetime, by Lou Cannon, p. 812 , Jul 2, 1991

Yikes! I guess the Augustinians need to disband. Their “poster boy” was a major league sinner earlier in his life.

This was an unfortunate turn of phrase on Giuliani’s part, but I dont’ think it will change a single vote one way or another. It’s just one of those thing the liberal media enjoys.

At least we have evidence that Augustine repented. Do we have any evidence that Don repented? I do find it interesting though that Brennan voted for Gus Hall when he was young and that seems to be an unpardonable sin among some here, however, the Donald commits adultery and we are told we are not to judge. Obviously we cannot judge either man’s soul, but to what extent are past sins irrelevant? There does seem to be at least some repentance in the case of Brennan.

1 Like

What an unfortunate phrase. Giuliani says a lot of unhelpful things for an attorney.

Voting for a communist is voting to impose a system of injustice on everyone. It is voting to confiscate personal property. It is voting to inflict misery on everyone.

Committing adultery is a serious injustice against one’s spouse and in relevant instances the spouse of your partner in sin. It is a serious sin, and it tells us about character. But it is narrow in its impact whereas voting for communism is wide. Brennan wanted to hurt everyone with his action.

If most people want this system of injustice, is it unjust?

Now at least one state provides free abortions quadrupling its abortion rate.

Great accomplishment.

1 Like

If everyone agreed to it that would be one thing. But if it is imposed on even just one person it is most definitely unjust.

I watched the show this sunday.
All I could do is just laugh.
This guy has lost it.

1 Like

:woman_shrugging:t2:

What we think is irrelevant. I think Brennan is a dink who is untrustworthy, and a proverbial snake in the grass when it comes to supporting a President he doesn’t like. His loyalties to communism in the 70s don’t really factor for me.

What Trump thinks is not irrelevant thought, and unless he has cited Brenann’s past love for Gus Hall as the reason for losing his clearance, I am not sure why past sins matter in any case.

Great discussion by Mark Levin:

When you can’t convince them, then confuse them.

1 Like

Perjury trap.

You tell the truth.

Somebody else lies.

YOU are charged with perjury.

1 Like

And it only seems to happen to republicans. But that should not surprise anybody.

2 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.