Trying to believe

A month ago, after months of praying and working on myself and focusing on my marriage I found the courage to confront my husband about his affair. He has been faithful for 27 years and never has strayed. He didn’t know I found out about it. I prayed and found comfort in prayer and found in my heart forgiveness. When he was confronted, I was not sure what to expect - I feared him leaving. Instead he felt remorse and has been doing his best to work on our marriage. That day we felt like we had been given a miracle.
Now we are still plagued by the mistress contacting him and the financial stress of both of us having lost some financial stability in the job market. This stress is causing problems. I am praying and didn’t expect things to magically turn around. He is trying his best to work on things, but he has no faith in the long term.
I now feel as though maybe my prayers were not answered and maybe God doesn’t want me to save my marriage. I am struggling, as I had always believed we were brought together by God and have 2 wonderful children. I keep praying. I thank God for the blessings I have been given. I pray for the financial relief in the form of a job for myself. I pray for faith. I even found it in my heart to not pray for the mistress, although I am not sure sometimes what that prayer should be. I have prayed that she find her own fixing and work on her own marriage. I have prayed that she finds it in her heart to leave my husband and I alone and do the right thing. I pray for forgiveness for my own shortcomings and the strength to move forward with my marriage.
Yet, I question God’s existence suddenly. I question if it was a miracle. I question the power of prayer and what I should be asking for. I keep looking for the signs of Grace in my life. I keep praying for my husband and I to have renewed faith and hope.

I believe it is a grace from God to be able to pray the way you describe!

May our Lord Jesus Christ and his holy Mother be with you and your husband on your journey to Him!

First of all I’m sorry you are going through this.
But indeed, God desires your marriage to be saved. Why would you believe otherwise?
Keep praying. We cannot and should not attempt to put God’s work on a timeline. He is indeed working in your lives…leave it to God to device what happens when.
You’re not lacking in belief, you are lacking TRUST, which is an offshoot of not trusting your husband due to this affair. Of course you are hurt, and many other emotions running and raging at the moment. But the fact that you are taking time in prayer is a very good sign. Healing takes time. The affair didn’t happen overnight.
While it’s laudable that you are praying for the other woman to heal, you must focus on your own situation.
See your priest fro help, reading resources, maybe a couple retreat when you husband feels up to it. Don’t push, but marriage retreats are wonderful. Call your Diocese and inquire as to what is available at various locations.
God bless you. Pray the rosary in times of sorrow, and don’t give up! God doesn’t give up on any of us.
Peace to you!

Lord, You are our Shepherd.
We pray, and we need, that You lead us away from temptation because we know that Your laws deliver us from the evils of this world.
We pray You may bless and help Andi2007 and her family during this time.
Amen.

Hi Andi,

Prayers said for you and your family.

May God comfort all of you, and may God bless all of you during this difficult time for you.

[BIBLEDRB][/BIBLEDRB]

God gives miracles on the condition of faith and perseverance.

Satan is.trying to stop you persevering and stop your faith.

Yes, persevering and faith lets God.work miracles anywhere and in any marriage!

Stop doubting. And sinking like St Peter in the water.

BBelieve.

Each day BELIEVE and thank God for working a miracle to save your marriage.Do this a few times.

Don’t think.about anything negative, this blocks the miracle and lets satan block your faith.

[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]**Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

O My Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those who are in most need of Thy mercy.
Amen.**[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]

Be firmly convinced that the more the assaults of the enemy increase, the closer God is to the soul. Think of, and ponder well, this great and comforting truth. St. Padre Pio (Letters III, p. 417)

These are the assaults against faith, hope and love, purity etc and the qualities of the beatitudes. The more difficult these become, the greater the assault by the enemy. This is from someone who suffered a lot.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Praying…

Gracious and merciful Father, please come to their assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy will be done on earth,
As it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
Amen. :signofcross:

Hail Mary full of Grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are thou among women
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary Mother of God,
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death
Amen. :signofcross:

I’m praying and wishing you all the best. I know it must not be easy. Remember Jesus knows what you are suffering. He also was betrayed… Turn it over to Him and let Him help you carry the pain.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Blessed art thou among women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen.

I’m praying.

:gopray:

So very grateful for the prayers and support. Yesterday I had just read many of your posts. I took as walk and as I was praying, I looked up to see 2 morning doves. At first they were facing the opposite direction and then turned to face the same direction and flew away together. I am going to hold onto the belief that was a sign from God to keep moving together. Thank you all for your kind words and prayers!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.