Trying to find a song...Lord of Light

Hi all,

Does anyone know the song Lord of light? (at least I think that is what it is called!)

Lyrics go something like this...

Lord of Light,
I am your Child...

(That's all I know!)

Trying to find music and sheet music for it online but having no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

I can try get more lyrics if needed (Actually searching for my girlfriend as she has been trying to find it online for a while)

Are you talking about This song?

higherpraise.com/lyrics/lyrics1/You_Are_Child_of_the_Universe.htm

If that's the song you're wanting, I found through Catholic Culture.org.. it was included in a write up on "Bad Poetry, Bad Theology"

I figured you'd want to know what they're talking about so I included the article here

catholicculture.org/culture/library/view.cfm?recnum=8790

Use at your own risk :D;)

Hey thanks for the reply,

that's not it though :(

I found out more lyrics. It goes like this;

Lord of Light, I am your Child,
I believe in you,
Lord of mercy abide with me,
Cleanse my heart with your love....

Not sure what more there is. All I know is that it might be in the key of D?!

I agree with that article. I much prefer the old majestic hymns to all this “drivel” we hear today in so-called worship songs.

This may be it.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZtVZmqXBZS8

Peace

Hmmm no I don’t think so :frowning:

The lyrics I posted are the opening lyrics to the hymn. I defiantly found chords on the internet for the song before, I just cant find them again…

Thanks for the effort and trying to help :slight_smile:

Found it!

youtube.com/watch?v=7tqwKUugz1M

:smiley:

I have sheet music for "Lord of Light". I could scan it and e-mail it to you, if you wish.

Hi, I would love the sheet music of Lord of Light please

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.