Trying to get home....

There are so many needs greater than mine. Here I am in Iceland. My plane home stopped for refueling, and developed engine trouble. Then I got bumped for a greater need. So, I am spending my precious leave time in Reykjavik instead of with my family. I am hoping to get home for a few days, to the west coast of the US, before I report for duty at a new job in Afghanistan.

:gopray2:

epan, I'll pray for you throughout the day, it being only morning in Australia.
I have a nephew serving in Afghanistan and have learned that the family of one is the family of all, so will be praying with loving intent.
And it is a very important intention, a soldier spending precious hours with family.
I'll keep you in my prayers with my nephew, from now.
God bless

:gopray2:: I pray God fixes whatever's keeping you up there, epan. For a quick and safe flight home, too.

maybe there is a reason you are there…

Lord get epan home safely and as fast as possible. most of all give him a special blessing for his serving, and keep him safe and bless his courage, always. in your Name. amen

:blessyou:

praying for you

:gopray:

Will pray for you.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.

Amen***

:crossrc:

Epan, thank you for your service. Been there, done that. I understand what you are sacrificing. I used to schedule the trans-atlantic military airlift.

If you're with your unit, or on a military or military contract flight, someone at the TACC is already working to get another plane routed through to pick you up ASAP. Should you be traveling alone, you might be able to get Space-A seating on a tanker or a transport headed for the CONUS.

If you're alone and flying commercial get ahold of your commander. He or she might be able to get you some assistance with upgrading your priority so you can get back underway.

For your intentions...

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

YAY! I got a seat! Underway again in a few hours. Thank you for your support.

Wonderful!
May God be with you at home and in Afghanistan and in your safe return home

Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil. Amen

[quote="epan, post:12, topic:305240"]
YAY! I got a seat! Underway again in a few hours. Thank you for your support.

[/quote]

God be praised.

Blessed be God.
Blessed be His Holy Name.
Blessed be Jesus Christ, true God and true man.
Blessed be the Name of Jesus.
Blessed be His Most Sacred Heart.
Blessed be His Most Precious Blood.
Blessed be Jesus in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Blessed be Mary, the Most Holy Mother of God.
Blessed be her holy and immaculate Conception.
Blessed be her glorious Assumption.
Blessed be the Name of Mary, Virgin and Mother.
Blessed be St. Joseph, her most chaste spouse.
Blessed be God in His Angels and in His Saints.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.