Trying to get rid of sinful habits

please pray for me ~!!! trying to get rid of old habits such as masturbation and anger ~!!!
prayers needed that i have the strenght to get rid of them ~!

You are in my prayers.

thank you my brother ~!!!

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee; blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

St Michael, pray for us!

“Pray, hope, and don’t worry” - Padre Pio

Prayer, penance, and sacrifice from the spiritual side will help tremendously, as will frequent Confession (weekly, if necessary, as Pope John Paul II and Mother Theresa did).

From the practical end, you need to safeguard your eyes. Those are the portals the devil enters most easily to tempt you to sins of the flesh. Don’t allow Satan to tempt you to just get close to the fire without getting burnt. Before you you it, you’ll be burnt.

A young monk several centuries ago had a problem with temptations of the flesh. So, he sought out an old, holy hermit monk to ask advice. He asked the older monk, “Father, at what age does a person cease to have these type temptations?” The old monk looked at him and said, “Well, from what I understand, about 2 to 3 days after they put you in the ground.”

It is not a sin to be tempted, but it is a sin to consent to the temptation. In other words, if you see a beautiful young woman in a bikini, you may have a tempting thought. If you say, “No, that’s wrong! Mother Mary send me some angels to defeat this temptation!” then you do not sin, and you grow in virtue. Without temptation, there is no virtue. On the other hand, if you have the temptation and say, “Boy, if I had half a chance, I would…!” then you need to go to Sacramental Confession ASAP. Don’t wait.

With regard to anger, you need to work on the virtue of humility. Anger almost always stems from pride. And pride can always be defeated by humility.

If we are to be happy in this life, we should always, always come as a servant to others. This is especially true with regard to whatever vocation God calls us to, and most especially the priesthood and religious life. Jesus came to serve. We should follow His example.

Lord, please help Nicholas to pray a lot and to find a good, holy priest to be his confessor/spiritual director. He needs grace and some assistance breaking out of some sinful habits … a good, holy priest will be able to help him accomplish this. May he keep away from all occassions of sin and pray frequently for meekness and purity. May he even pray the rosary every day to Mary Your and my Mother, particularly for the virtues of purity and meekness. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

Thanks for the advice ~! Its very hard to do, but I’ll give my best…may The Lord send his angels to fight away my temptations

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.