Tucker Carlson’s Top Writer Resigns After Discovery of Racist, Sexist Comments in Online Forum

well. well. well. Apple and tree??

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tucker-carlson-top-writer-resigns-231931533.html

Fox News host Tucker Carlson’s top writer, Blake Neff, has resigned after CNN Business discovered that he had been posting racist and sexist material in an online forum under a pseudonym.

A Fox News spokesperson confirmed to TheWrap on Friday that Neff had resigned but did not elaborate on the reason why.

According to CNN Business, Neff disparaged Black and Asian people and derided a woman for being a “megashrew” in multiple pseudonymous posts. Comments include, “Black doods staying inside playing Call of Duty is probably one of the biggest factors keeping crime down,” which CNN said Neff wrote last month. In another post made this week, CNN reported that Neff said that he “wouldn’t get LASIK from an Asian for free” in response to an email thread with the subject line, “Would u let a JET BLACK congo n—– do lasik eye surgery on u for 50% off?”

CNN Business said that after receiving an anonymous tip, they were able to identify Neff as the person behind the username “CharlesXII” by reviewing his messages with public information about Neff. The account had also posted photos in 2018 to the online forum in which Neff’s reflection can be seen taking the photograph, according to CNN Business.

Neff was asked to join “Tucker Carlson Tonight” as a writer in November 2016 from the Daily Caller, where he was an education correspondent, according to a recent profile published in Dartmouth University’s alumni magazine. In the profile, Neff also said he was responsible for the “first drafts” for “anything” that Carlson was reading off the teleprompter.

Neff has taken down most of his social media accounts as of Friday evening. He remains unable to be reached for comment

Who is going to write Tucker’s right wing talking point to be repeated here ad nausium?

3 Likes

Disgusting that Fox News would kowtow to pressure like this. What one says anonymously online is that persons right, no matter how objectionable. Further, for Tucker to quote said person is A-OK in my book. We quote the founders all the time in this country, many of whom owned slaves. Does that invalidate all of their talking points?

It’s time to stop giving these people and their ridiculous demands any attention whatsoever. People are getting censored left and right. The buck has to stop somewhere. I hope next time the witch hunting mobs approach another ‘conservative’ organization, that said organization will ignore: keep calm, carry on.

4 Likes

what does the Founders have to do with this?

btw, most righties are pro at-will work agreements. so you can get fired for anything. careful what you wish for.

1 Like

He has a writer? Not the brilliant thinker we are led to believe he is in the multiple daily posts about is supposed insightful commentary?

2 Likes

The point is that ones private conversations should not ipso facto make them unemployable.

Tucker Carlson is the most watched news anchor currently operating. To think those who submitted such complaints had no ulterior motives than to express their concern is willfully ignorant.

The fact that Tucker is so widely watched speaks to the quality of work this writer was able to provide. His position is clearly indispensable–which makes his removal that much more cowardly. Like Tucker or not, people across the political spectrum say detestable things. We need to cancel ‘cancel culture.’

2 Likes

If asked a hard question, his followers can’t answer, so I don’t know how insightful he is.

1 Like

Except he is NOT a news anchor.

Sorry – political commentator.

1 Like

Or the gullibility of Carlson’s disciples?

2 Likes

His rights haven’t been violated. You have the right to say whatever you want, and other people have the right to decide they don’t want to employ you anymore.

6 Likes

The problem is you can easily flip this argument around and attack ‘the left’ with the same argument.

I’m not making a case for the validity of Tuckers viewpoints on a factual level. I’m merely making the case that two wrongs don’t make a right - we shouldn’t fire someone for their private viewpoints. Similarly, just because a writer says something online, we shouldn’t extend his own limited culpability to his employers.

Furthermore, in a culture which is abolishing it’s history and silencing it’s dissenters constantly, it becomes prudent and just to eventually make a stand and refuse to kowtow to those who would wish to silent cultural dissent.

1 Like

Wrong. Tucker isn’t a news anchor. He’s a bloviator.

The Twilight films made a billion dollars. No one thinks those are any good.

2 Likes

Let me extend an olive branch, if I found out one of my employees was a part of the Black Panthers and wanted my race dead – I wouldn’t fire them and potentially screw over their future job prospects, incriminate myself through guilt-by-association fallacies, and impoverish said employee and his/her family because I was moderately ‘outraged’ by online comments or whatever extraneous records I had available.

2 Likes

Kim Kardashian is a bazillionare whose main claim to fame is having a large butt and a sex tape. Popularity doesn’t always mean quality.

That said, I do think Tucker Carlson is occasionally worth listening to. He’s not an idiot.

2 Likes

Really? I would. If I had employees posting about “jet black Congo (racial expletive)” I would not want that person associated with my business.

Also, not sure why that’s an olive branch. I’m not a Black Panther. :thinking:

Oh, such earth-shattering world news. Glad I didn’t miss hearing about this important story.

2 Likes

I know, right? Really shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone that’s ever watched his show.

It speaks to a perceived empathy on the parts of many Americans who feel they don’t see those concerns expressed anywhere else. If you feel those concerns are misguided or immoral, I don’t know what to tell you. You may even be correct. My point was that we should be dubious at the feigned moral outrage, however, and recognize pain as it exists in both sides of the political spectrum.

1 Like
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.