Tulsi Gabbard, Rising Democratic Star, Endorses Bernie Sanders

The article link includes a video. I think she has long term potential, after the DNC implodes.

Tulsi Gabbard, Rising Democratic Star, Endorses Bernie Sanders

Representative Tulsi Gabbard, Democrat of Hawaii, resigned as a vice chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee on Sunday in order to endorse Senator Bernie Sanders for president.

The endorsement came a day after Hillary Clinton won the Democratic primary in South Carolina by a huge margin — she captured nearly 74 percent of the vote — in a signal of her support in the South right before several other Southern states vote in Tuesday’s primaries.

Ms. Gabbard explained her decision in a video on YouTube in which she said that, as a military veteran, she wanted the United States to avoid “interventionist wars of regime change.”
. . .

I agree with Tulsi Gabbard in her endorsement of Bernie Sanders and her rationale for doing so, although, as I am sure she must realize, it is a very uphill battle against Hillary Clinton. Maybe she will become the SECOND female POTUS after Elizabeth Warren, of course.

After this election ends, there will be a Dem backlash against the DNC and un-democratic they were in their actions. Debbie has no future in the party but I think Tulsi set herself up nicely to be a future force.

Too little, too late, though I respect Tulsi. I also think the DNC will continue strong, at least for several more years.

The DNC is gonna implode after this election and Tulsi is smart to disassociate herself. Debbie Wasserman Schultz and the DNC old guard have no future, people are pissed that the Dem nomination was effectively rigged,

I don’t agree with you about the DNC entirely, I think “implode” is kind of strong, but I do agree with you about Debbie Wasserman Schultz. I don’t think she has much of a political future.

Depends on what you mean by “implode.” I do think the DNC will change significantly, I don’t think the Democratic nomination is rigged.

Of course its been bought and sold through the super delegates their was never and question about Hillary and her “coronation” :rolleyes: We the people is a complete joke with the DNC.

I’ll go with ‘major restructuring’ instead of implode :smiley:
Obama’s tenure has devastated their ranks, they need to regroup with new younger leadership. I’m assuming they don’t retake either the house or senate this cycle.

Hopefully the people Bernie pulled into politics will stay active, they need some young blood. Though I’m conservative, I respect the process.

Hopefully the people Bernie pulled into politics will stay active, they need some young blood. Though I’m conservative, I respect the process.

Bernie followers by large will support Hillary with perhaps a small percent leaning toward conservative. The Democrats had a 2 million less turn out than this time 4-years ago while Republican increased 3-million to new records. The election will go to the Republicans be it they appear to be doing all they can to self destruct. For example, what does it mean to be part of “The Establishment” nowadays? Is that anyone who has every held political office? Rather dubious assertion for Sanders and Cruz imho. Its divisive without merit imho. But it sure is feeding the Trump frenzy.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.