"tune disney" radio

anybody else annoyed by TuneDisney radio? My daughter listens to it.

I don’t know how old your child is, but I’d like to make a recommendation for a fantastic radio program for children (and cool adults).
“Kid’s Corner” is a radio talk show from Philadelphia, hosted by Kathy O’Connell.
This excellent program has deservedly won two Peabody awards. Kathy’s warm, hip way with music, children, and themes is just a revelation. The show’s website is www.kidscorner.org, and there’s a listen live icon. It plays Mondays - Fridays, 7 - 8 PM (ET)
Kathy often talks affectionately about her childhood, and her years of attending parochial school on Long Island.
My kids grew up listening to this show. My husband and I never worried about the content; on the contrary - we’re fans as well!

My kids listen to it, too. I don’t find it offensive, but it IS annoying!!!:crying: Same songs over and over and over and over with the kids all singing the same songs over and over and over…

“It’s a Small World After all, it’s a Small World…” :smiley:

Just kidding. :wink:

Thanks for the info on the Philly radio show, Schatsi; I’ll check that out.

Giannawannabe, I think what’s most annoying is the hyperstimulation–like the cartoons kids are being raised on, the entertainment is breathless. It’s one long loud crescendo of continuous excitement. No pauses for reflection, thought, or appreciation of art. Even the interviews with callers have the natural conversational pauses cut out of them. And the music, with the constant backbeat…

On top of it all, disney’s ads amount to one continuous celebration of celebrity.

John

Hey…that’s the best reason to go to Disneyland…especially if you have kids to bring…you must force the kids to experience that at least once in thier lives…:smiley:

I second that! :thumbsup: In fact, I think this hostess (Kathy O’Connell ) is SO amazing with kids. Because kids get to call in and talk, answer questions, one of my kids’ friends just sang a song on Kids Corner a couple weeks ago.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.