Turkey: Christian leaders publish ?Basic Principles of Christianity' for Muslim readers [CC]

Eastern Orthodox, Catholic, Oriental Orthodox, and Protestant leaders in Turkey gathered at the seat of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople in Istanbul to announce the …

More…

I was hoping to see what the 7 Basic Principles in Christianity are that they agreed on.

Well, if one feels compelled to do this, I think that Turkey is the right Moslem country to do this in, as they are about as “moderate” as they come in that region of the world.

They likely won’t issue death warrants to the publishers of this booklet, and some might actually read it…

as “moderate” as they come FOR NOW. I am sure there are working towards a Turkey that is not “moderate”.

My thoughts exactly. Try this in Afghanistan and…well, you know what happens then.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.