Turkey's president says all he wants is same powers as Hitler

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/turkey/12077703/Turkeys-president-says-all-he-wants-is-same-powers-as-Hitler.html

**Turkey’s controversial President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has sparked mockery and condemnation by defending new powers he wants to give himself as being similar to Adolf Hitler’s.

In a statement that surprised even his critics, Mr Erdogan responded to arguments that putting political power in the hands of the presidency would not work in a “unitary state”.

He said there were other examples of its being successful. "There are already examples in the world,” he said.

“You can see it when you look at Hitler’s Germany. There are later examples in various other countries."**

The article continues at the link.

I think one of my favorite movie quotes would do nicely here.

“Don’t sell crazy here, were all stocked up.”
- Jack Nicholson

Yeah, Recep. Try reading the history books with a little care. Especially about how Hitler’s Germany ended after only 12 years and left no brick in Germany standing upon another. A wild success that one was. :rolleyes:

Mankind never seems to learn from history, guess thats why we will be forced to repeat it over and over again, its only a matter of time before the next ‘Hitler’ rises to power imo.

Personally, Ive never understood why someone would even want that much power, I dont think I could sleep at night if I knew I was responsible for that many people and their livelihoods, not to mention, using my power to kill 100s of 1000s!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.