Turkish president accuses 'the West' of being behind Charlie Hebdo attacks and deliberately 'blaming Muslims'

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2908358/Turkish-president-accuses-West-Charlie-Hebdo-attacks-deliberately-blaming-Muslims-conspiracy-theories-sweep-Internet-accusing-Israel-orchestrating-it.html

T**he President of Turkey has suggested French security forces are to blame for the deadly terrorist attacks in Paris last week, since the culprits had recently served prison sentences.

Recep Tayyip Erdoğan accused the West of ‘playing games with the Islamic world’, warning fellow Muslims to be ‘aware’.**

Erdogan said Muslims are ‘paying the price’ for the attacks on satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo and a Jewish kosher supermarket in Paris last week.

’French citizens carry out such a massacre, and Muslims pay the price,’ Erdogan said yesterday.
'That’s very meaningful … Doesn’t their intelligence organisation track those who leave prison?
’Games are being played with the Islamic world, we need to be aware of this.

'The West’s hypocrisy is obvious. As Muslims, we’ve never taken part in terrorist massacres. Behind these lie racism, hatespeech and Islamophobia,’ Erdogan added.
Erdogan also denounced Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for attending a solidarity rally in France on Sunday with other world leaders after the Paris attacks.
‘How can a man who has killed 2,500 people in Gaza with state terrorism wave his hand in Paris, like people are waiting in excitement for him to do so? How dare he go there?’ he said.

Erdogan did not attend the Sunday march, though Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu participated.
Erdogan is not the only senior Turkish politicianpublicly voicing conspiracy theories over the Paris attacks.

The Mayor of Ankara, Melih Gokcek, said he was convinced the Israeli intelligence service Mossad was behind the attacks, linking them to France’s recent move towards recognising Palestine as an independent state.

‘Mossad is definitely behind such incidents… it is boosting enmity towards Islam.’ Mr Gokcek said, according to Financial Times.

In Russia, several pro-Kremlin commentators blamed the United States and the CIA for the attack, the newspaper reported.

One, Alexei Martynov, director of the International Institute for New States, said ‘I am sure that some American supervisors are responsible for the terror attacks in Paris, or in any case the Islamists who carried them out.’

And some still seriously expect this country to enter the EU one day? I should think its NATO membership will be questionable within another decade if its authoritarian Putinesque President keeps up this kind of talk, let alone EU membership.

I hope that the US leadership wakes up to the fact one day that Turkey is no longer an ally of the West.

It is true that a lot of innocent civilians were killed in Gaza.

And who put those innocent civilians in harms way?

re. vouthon, let them expect.dont think it will wash

Israel was the one who killed the innocent civilians in Gaza and refuses to recognize Palestine as a state. So IMHO the Turkish president was right when he mentioned Netanyahu.

Try again. How about those who fired the rockets from the populated area.

IMHO, it was wrong for Israel to kill innocent children in Gaza. The Palestinian children had no weapons except possible for a small stone. They deserved to live. In that sense I agree with the Turkish president.

Talk about someone not wanting to face the truth.

The Israelis had to put up with rockets being fired into their civilian populations
on a daily basis for the last four or more years. They also discovered many terrorist
tunnels built with murderous intent. No governent in the world would tolerate that.
Why expect Israel to ?

:yup:

'That’s very meaningful … Doesn’t their intelligence organisation track those who leave prison?

This was reported by the AP

According to French judicial documents obtained by The Associated Press, the connections among the terrorist suspects date back to 2010, when Coulibaly was sentenced to five years in prison for an abortive attempt to free another terrorist from prison. Smain Ait Ali Belkacem was serving a life sentence for a bombing attack on the Paris rapid transit system in 1995.

Cherif Kouachi, 32, the younger of the brothers, was detained in that investigation, but freed later without being tried. A former pizza deliveryman, he appeared in a 2005 French TV documentary on Islamic extremism and was sentenced to 18 months in prison in 2008 for trying to join up with fighters battling in Iraq.

The French judicial documents said Coulibaly and the younger Kouachi knew each another, and traveled with their wives in 2010 to central France to visit a radical Islamist, Djamel Beghal, who had been sentenced to 10 years in prison on a terrorism-related charge.

Police issued a bulletin Friday asking anyone with information about Coulibaly’s wife, 26-year-old Hayat Boumeddiene, his suspected accomplice in the market attack, to contact them, saying she was potentially “armed and dangerous.”

According to the judicial documents, a police search of Coulibaly’s residence in 2010 turned up a crossbow, 240 rounds of 7.62mm ammunition, films and photos of him during a trip to Malaysia, and letters seeking false official documents.

In a police interview that same year, Coulibaly identified Cherif Kouachi as a friend he had met in prison and said they saw each other frequently, according to a transcript of the interview obtained by the Journal du Dimanche newspaper and posted on the newspaper’s website.

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCgQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.msn.com%2Fen-us%2Fnews%2Fworld%2Ffrench-probe-terror-suspect-links-new-attacks-may-be-ahead%2Far-AA7YVwm&ei=i6e1VLbkIIXQggSy5YKgDg&usg=AFQjCNH54rTDzdjhnUBLknaa1G5w4zwnYQ

:thumbsup: Exactly!

Yes, I’ve often wondered that. Why expect Israel to? I almost think I’d prefer not to get an answer on that.

The leadership of Turkey is even more tuned out to reality than the Saudi cleric who issued a fatwa against snowmen.

This falls into the category of Islamists never letting a crisis go to waste.
Conspiracy theories promote paranoia, and paranoia justified even more violence

The Palestinian Authorities killed those children if anyone did. Also, deliberately targets the civilian population of Israel.

'The West’s hypocrisy is obvious. As Muslims, we’ve never taken part in terrorist massacres

Of course, what happened 100 years ago there. I don’t know if it makes the statement true but I don’t doubt there were massacres in Turkey.

:thumbsup:

The Palestinian Authorities and Hamas created the environment that led directly to the children’s deaths. Hamas attacks Israeli civilians (including children) all the time with a steady stream of rockets; then they shelter themselves in Palestinian civilian areas. They actually want Israel to retaliate violently; it’s part of their guerrilla warfare strategy. I personally believe most government officials and those in the press actually understand all of this; yet many still condemn Israel. If another country did the same thing under repeated rocket attacks (i.e., launched military attacks against the terrorists in their hideouts), for example the US or a European country, there would be no outcry, or if there was it would be considerably more restrained and “offline”. The allied forces carpet-bombed European cities under Nazi occupation. Israel is routinely held to a different, impossible standard; why?

Where’s user Kaninchen when you need her?

It seems that naughty Jews are again behind every dastardly deed done out there. :rolleyes:

(That there’s SARCASM, folks. Aid for the humor impaired…)

What a shame it was that Hamas preferred to use tons of concrete and reinforcing rod to build tunnels into Israel, including under Israeli schools instead of building bunkers for their people like the Israelis have.

But it’s plain Hamas would rather kill Israelis than protect their own people.

Recognize Palestine as a state? There are already two of them; Gaza and Jordan. If the West Bank was made a part of a Palestinian state, Hamas would kill its political opposition there just as it did in Gaza. The only thing keeping the present government of the West Bank alive is Israeli protection from Hamas, which is exactly why the Fatah government there always presents Israel with impossibilities in negotiation.

Might as well recognize ISIS as a state too, as there is not a dime’s worth of difference between Hamas and ISIS other than numbers and armaments.

1/3 of the population of the West Bank is Jewish. How long does anybody think they would stay alive if Hamas/ISIS took over? The answer is that they wouldn’t last a month, though they would try, which means that Israel would have to intervene to save them and we would be right back where we are now, except that a lot of people would be dead.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.