Turner's Depopulation Plan

NEW YORK, April 3, 2008 (LifeSiteNews.com) - In a wide-ranging hour-long interview on PBS, CNN Founder and billionaire environmental extremist Ted Turner let the cat out of the bag on the real goal of climate change extremists - depopulation. Pro-life activists who have attended UN environment meetings where such issues were discussed have often been the subject of ridicule and derision for pointing out that the massive movement behind global warming, retooled to ‘climate change’, works hand in hand with the culture of death with the aim of depopulation.

Speaking on PBS’s Charlie Rose program on Tuesday, April 1, Turner stated plainly that next to nuclear disarmament the most pressing world concern is “global climate change” - which he said is caused by too many people. “We’re too many people. That’s why we have global warming,” explained Turner when Rose questioned his comment that we need to “stabilize the population.”

He prophesied an end to civilization, resorting to cannibalism for the few survivors, and more. He said: “We’ll be eight degrees hotter in ten, not ten but 30 or 40 years and basically none of the crops will grow. Most of the people will have died and the rest of us will be cannibals. Civilization will have broken down. The few people left will be living in a failed state – like Somalia or Sudan – and living conditions will be intolerable. The droughts will be so bad there’ll be no more corn growing. Not doing it is suicide. Just like dropping bombs on each other, nuclear weapons is suicide. We’ve got to stop doing the two suicidal things, which are hanging on to our nuclear weapons and after that we’ve got to stabilize the population.”

lifesitenews.com/ldn/2008/apr/08040306.html

An interest quotation from Ted Turner:

If you do not get global warming and nuclear weapons straightened out, we do not have to worry about human rights. We all be … the humans will all be gone.

YouTube video with Soundbites:
youtube.com/watch?v=mys_AQjM4U0

Whole interview with Charlie Rose:
charlierose.com/shows/2008/04/01/1/a-conversation-with-ted-turner

Ted Turner has always struck me as being a bit off.

You could say that about me…

No. You are a very nice young man who just needs to become Catholic.:stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

Then again my 15 year old son informed me that his older brother had as an odd a sense of humor as I do.:shrug:

He said: "We’ll be eight degrees hotter in ten, not ten but 30 or 40 years and basically none of the crops will grow. Most of the people will have died and the rest of us will be cannibals. Civilization will have broken down. The few people left will be living in a failed state – like Somalia or Sudan – and living conditions will be intolerable. The droughts will be so bad there’ll be no more corn growing.

Something doesn’t add up. If we’re all going to turn into cannibals, why would we care if corn grows? :rolleyes:

So, it’s the end of the world, again. Now, correct me if I am wrong but I don’t think even climate scientists are predicting such horror in such a short period of time.

He prophesied an end to civilization, resorting to cannibalism for the few survivors, and more. He said: "We’ll be eight degrees hotter in ten, not ten but 30 or 40 years and basically none of the crops will grow. Most of the people will have died and the rest of us will be cannibals. Civilization will have broken down. The few people left will be living in a failed state – like Somalia or Sudan – and living conditions will be intolerable.

You know, this strikes me as strangely similar to The Road by Cormac McCarthy, with the exception being that McCarthy’s dying Earth is fairly cold. But the cannibals and failed states and so forth are pretty much the same.

Ted Turner is an idiot…EVEN IF we were in the midst of runaway global warming (which we are NOT) it would open up vast areas to agriculture that currently are not.

I don’t think that there are people on Mars. Why is that planet undergoing global warming?

You didn’t know about all the SUVs on Mars?:rolleyes:

They’ll be trying.
pbs.org/exploringspace/mars/terraforming/page4.html

Its our fault. The weight of our overpopulated earth is causing the other planets to come out of alignment, hence their global warming. Also, our insistence on eating cows is causing to much methane gas which everyone knows will eventually reach Mars, thus hurting Martian atmosphere also.:eek:

Yep, humans fault.

Now the poor Martians will be forced to cannibalize one another.:blush:

:stuck_out_tongue: :D(hopefully, no one took the above comments seriously)

It’s because of my SUV :wink:

Yeah, that’s what I thought when he said that. If the places we grow food now get too hot, the places that are currently too cold to grow on would be warm enough then, right?

Of course, with his rambling tirade coming so close to when Charlton Heston died, has anyone else been thinking:

"IT’S PEOPLE!!! SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!

:smiley:

In Christ,

Ellen

if ted is so conserned about over population, why doesn’t he kill himself? at least then he would do something about it.

seriously though, he’s a typical twisted liberal. he is the biggest landowner in north america and is worried that the world is over populated?? talk about selfish.

i guess he feels that only him and a few other enlightened rich moguls should be on this planet. he sees all of the poor like a infestation.

this is exactly why the pope has stated that obscene wealth is a mortal sin.

Never saw that movie but the SNL skit w/ Phil Hartman doing the alternative endings is classic!!! Too funny

Well, I took it seriously, and I’m here to tell you (respectfully) your judgment is comletely wrong. If cows are creating all that methane that threatens both the earth and Mars, then it’s our duty to EAT them, those rascals. For your penance, and for the sake of the planet and the Martians, eat a big steak tonight.

Yes sir!!

ps ~ In Australia & New Zealand the problem is with the SHEEP so I suppose they are obligated to consume more mutton & lamb :smiley:

Indisputably. Now, I understand there are a lot of goats in Latin America and the Middle East. But a person has to draw the line somewhere. Even ecological responsibility has its limits.

Whats the bet none of these “plans” of his involves his family?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.