TV: "In God's Name" - Tonight!

In God’s Name, 9 pm EST, CBS!

It just ended. It was beautiful, and moving, to say the least.

The Hindu leader, the Mother, how she talked about getting maybe 2 hours of sleep when fortunate–that moved me. Standing in line to embrace people for hours, from early morning till late night, that was incredible… And her view of God, how he could be in anything, could be anywhere, was not some theory: because she lived it, proved it when touching those people and hearing and relating to them. That was God.

The Dalai Lama was called an image, so to speak, of God, and yet when describing himself, he simply said to people, “I am just like you.” Perhaps in this way he is, for God has been where we humans are.

I fear so much we humans try to eliminate diversity, and I hope the day never comes. I hope we exult in our diversity, for if God had no liking for it, then he would not have told his people at Babylon, who tried to come together as one indistinguishable from the other, “Disperse!”

Thanks for the post. It was well worth my time.

It was very good. Wish I could say more, but I’m speechless…:smiley:

Prayers and petitions,
Alexius:cool:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.