TV: NCIS series

Do you like the show NCIS?

I like Seba as she adds a different point of view, like an avenger.

Tony is full of himself. My hubby likes Abbey she is so lively.

Do you think the director is really dead? I think she is not as they are trying to flush out a traitor. Afterall yesterday Gibbs did not really look at her body he couldn’t and we did not see it.

I am a big NCIS fan. I make sure the DVR is on so I don’t miss an episode.

While the plots are a textbook example of fiction, the characters are riveting. This seems to be a hallmark of a Donald Bellisario production–MAGNUM PI and JAG, for example.

The individual characters are well written and and acted and play off each very entertainingly. Each has strengths and weakness, just like real people, and each has personality traits that can be endearing, or at least interesting.

One of the best lines from the show occurred when someone asked Gibbs (Mark Harmon) what Ducky (David McCallum) was like when he was younger. The answer: " Illya Kuryakin".

The plots, however, are unbelieveable, in every sense of the word.

I had never seen it until I saw two episodes on a business trip a few weeks ago. Are the earlier seasons out on DVD?

I don’t know about DVD, but the USA network is running an NCIS marathon now and carries 2 or 3 episodes daily.

Yes it is hard to believe, it is like science fiction some times.

[Pet peeve: When a poster adds new text inside another poster’s quoted text, making it weird to respond to]
In answer to: Is this Latin? – No, “Illya Kuryakin” was the name of the Russian character played by David McCallum in *The Man from U.N.C.L.E. *1960’s tv series. :stuck_out_tongue:

tee
Who loves *NCIS *as escapist fiction
(and wants to be Leroy Jethro Gibbs when he grows up)

I wanna be Ducky, *sans *Mother Mallard

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.