TV - Person of Interest - Season 2

I finally got to see the first episode last night and it rocked!

It looks like it’s going to be another action packed season. Jim Caviezel has the best dead-pan. I liked seeing LOST alum Miles (Ken Leung). The introduction of the dog was outstanding.

SPOILER: It was cool seeing how Finch has been getting the numbers Root’s motivation is puzzling. I also wonder what’s up with the woman and her husband at the end.

This show has grown and grown on me. At first I was a bit put off by Caviezel’s character because I thought he lacked any personality. I only endured it because he played Jesus. :stuck_out_tongue: But as last season went on, I came to appreciate and embrace the deadpan for what it is.

You’re right, that guy was Miles! I knew he looked familiar…

Now that you mentioned the ending, I’m totally blanking on it. I know I watched it, but it’s not ringing any bells… :o

I too am hooked on this show! I can’t wait for the next episode :thumbsup:

Yup, tomorrow night! :smiley:

Hi: I like the show a lot which is why I was so put off by the latest episode where a female doctor he is protecting is shown in a scene with her"wife". Spare me!:eek:

I’ve been trying to pace myself on this series, but I don’t know if I can resist much longer.
Great show, creative too.:thumbsup:

I think season 1 was better. I like the current shows, but they aren’t as dark as the earlier ones and that takes a lot away from it.

You’re right madgavin. It’s one of the only shows I watch, but last night was one of the most blatant, in your face and insidious attacks on the Catholic Church that I’ve seen. It was a political statement (which = a theolgical statement) made to make those who oppose Gay marriage look like “Fundamentalist kooks”. The term “wife” was used so casually as to make it seem as though there’s no other sane position. There was absolutely no need to make those characters lesbians. It was a broadside against the Catholic Church.

It was even more of a little Secularist coup because it had Caviesal, who played Christ in Jesus of Nazareth and who’s known as a devout Catholic, going right along with it–refering to the women as wife and wife. Kind of broke my heart because I like the guy. More importantly, a lot of devout Catholic kids look at him as an idol.

I hardly ever post here, so sorry for the strong opinion, but this is why we lose. Of the comments posted so far on this thread, only one (1) even mentioned this. This is as the Church fights tooth and nail against the Culture of Death of which Gay Marriage is a centerpiece. The End Game here is to force the Catholic Church to perform gay marriages or be charged with “Hate Crimes” (see Canada) and taxed into oblivion.

Caviesal’s in a tough spot, but I hope he makes a statement at least. We’re all in a tough spot. Btw, you’d never see Gary Sinese (another Catholic) have that plot on his show. In fairness, he’s a Producer though which makes his position easier.

The whole situation’s just tragic as hel…“heck”.

I know for a fact that James Caviezel and Raymond Arroyo are buddies in real life. Maybe Mr. Arroyo can make a cameo appearance (perhaps as a TV reporter) on the show sometime.

I don’t think I’d call it “one of the most blatant, in your face and insidious attacks on the Catholic Church”. That’s overstating it a little.

I agree that this sort of thing is unfortunate, deliberate and becoming more and more common in an attempt to normalize gay marriage. But I’ve seen much worse. :shrug:

Let me get this straight. You watch a TV show just because one of the characters played Jesus in a movie? If I remember, the director of that movie was Mel Gibson, another traditional Catholic.

Where in the world did you get that idea? Me loving this show has absolutely nothing to do with any previous roles of any of its cast. Its a great show. (Although I will admit that, at least in part, it has something to do with Jim Cavezel. ;))

I don’t think it was overstated. He’s a hero to many young Catholics and he’s known as a devout Catholic. Many have Brad Pitt, etc. Young, devout Catholics have Jim Caviezel–and that’s where the insidious part comes in.

He’s been all over EWTN and now this. Like it or not, he’ll always be associated with the guy who played Christ in The Passion also. It was a double in your face to Catholics, as the “Culture” is full court pressing for gay marriage and against its most important opponent–the Catholic Church. This helps to confuse and demoralize Catholics even further.

In Caviezel’s defence, he’s an actor under contract. I don’t see what choice he had other than to walk off the set. He has no editorial control. It’d be nice if he made a statement though to clear up his personal position. If he got letters, maybe he would.

He and his wife are great people. I hate to see him used and abused in this way.

Can someone here on CAF tell me how well the show is doing in the ratings?

Pretty well. I always turn to Wikipedia for these things. :slight_smile: It looks like the show has consistently been rating 14-15 million viewers per episode this season.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.