TV: Phinneas and Ferb

Any fans?

I think this show might be just a year or 2 old, but my 2 older kids discovered it this summer and I love it.

They have outgrown Noggin (Dora, Backyardigans etc) I wasn’t too happy with them watching Spongebob (too similar to the 3 Stooges which I never liked)

But Phinneas and Ferb is so funny on so many different levels. There are the jokes for the parents (references to pop culture, tv shows from the 70’s) that are not innappropriate.

It’s immaginative – 2 brothers make incredible inventions to pass the summer day, a teen-age sister tries to get them in trouble with the parents. They have a pet platypus, who is actually a secret agent. :shrug: His nemesis is the “evil” Dr. Doofenshmirtz, who is more nerdy and and inept than evil. An example of Dr. doofenshmirtz’s ineptness is that he invents a Dr. Jeckyl/Mr.Hyde machine, to turn him into a monster. He goofs and gets turned into a fairy princess. :smiley:

I really am pleased to have found this cartoon, and was wondering if any one else likes it.

I love it!!! and so do my 2 girls.

I LOVE this show! It is one of the few television programs I can actually watch these days.

The family squabbles but they love one another and do stick together.

The musical numbers crack me up. I loved when Baljeet broke into song to explain why he needs a good grade at the science fair.

Perry the Platypus—my new favorite action hero! :thumbsup:

I love that show!

I love how now Dr. Doofenschmirtz’s daughter Vanessa is always trying to bust him for being evil, and her mom doesn’t believe her, just like P & F’s mom never believes Candace, and there’s cross-over between them, and Ferb has a crush on Vanessa.

Oh, and how about how everyone of Dr. Doofenshmirtz’s inventions, besides not working right (“in retrospect it was probably a mistake to add a fairy princess setting!”), are all named something ending in “ator”.

Yes, that show is a riot!

In Christ,

Ellen

Absolutely LOVE it. The kids ran across it last summer and we’ve been hooked ever since!

My sister watches it and I absolutely adore the show!

“Good news, honey! They’ve found a cure for antidisestablishmentarianism!”

"Roll call! Sound off: Agent C!"
meow
"Agent D!"
woof
"Agent G!"
honk!
“Agent T!”

“Agent T?”
[Aide]Sir, we lost Agent T this last November…

:rotfl:

We could go on for pages quoting great lines!

Dr. Doofenshmirtz: The first one will be free! And the second one… will also be free. But the third one will cost… A MILLION DOLLARS! That way I only have to sell three and I will be a millionaire.

Dr. Doofenshmirtz: You are dis-assembling my Inator? While I am singing about my FEELINGS!!!

Monogram: It was enough for the mammal.

Love the show…watch with my daughter all the time…

Various adult “inspectors”: Aren’t you too young to…?
Phineas: Yes… Yes we are/Yes I am

Isabella: Whatcha do-in’?

Baljeet: I don’t even know what girls like…

Phinneas: I think it’s sugar and spice and everything nice…

Baljeet: No, that is what they are made of…I do not wish to build one.

Or…

Dr. Doofenschmirtz: My mother’s love was inexplicably linked to kick ball.

or…

Dr. D: When I was a little boy, my mother would not allow me to swim in a public pool.

And finally…Hail, Hail Doofania!

'It’s big and it’s bright and it’s founded on spiiiite!" :stuck_out_tongue:

I also love Norm. “Don’t forget, Friday is Cake Day!”

“MO-OM!! Phineas and Ferb are making a title sequence!”

Don’t ask me why, but that has become a catch-phrase around our house.

Oh no, you guys too?!!! :banghead:

“Hey Ferb, I know what we’re gonna do today! Where’s Perry?”

“Ooo, you guys are so busted!”

The show is a tool of the devil and promotes radical left-wing agendas. Creating inventions is akin to liberals creating lies that promote a selfish propaganda against the vast right-wing universe****

*** - Sean Hannityed!!! :slight_smile:

Sorry, was bored. I do love the show. One of the better cartoons on TV, and one that I wish I had growing up :slight_smile:

Its such a wacky show; my younger brother and I watched it last summer. And I’m in college, he’s in high school. Just good fun; its hilarious.

They’re running a poll for the favorite musical number from the show. Sooo many! How can I choose?

“You’re Busted”

“Get Ready For The Bettys”

“I Miss The Moments When We Didn’t Get Along”

“I Must Impress My Professor”

And so on and so forth!

:DI like Little Brothers…because you’re younger, we’re related and you’re boys.

My wife and I look forward to the show as much as our 5 children! The first soundtrack of songs from the show comes out Sept. 22!!!

I love this show as well! I actually look forward more to Perry and Dr. Doofenschmirtz’s antics; come to think of it, IMO it would be great to have a spin-off with them as the main characters.

Mrs. D: Your father and I just wanted different things, that’s all.

Vanessa Doofenshmirtz: Was one of those things ‘to be evil?’ Because he’s EVIL.

Mrs, D: Oh, honey, nobody’s evil.

hmm, where have we heard THIS before? :rotfl:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.