TV Programs similar to BBC's The Monastery

I’m looking for some recommendations. I watched BBC’s The Monastery and I’m looking for similar titles.

In the US, the cable channel TLC aired an American version of The Monastery, which was set in the Monastery of Christ in the Desert, a New Mexico Benedictine abbey. That series first aired in 2006. It may be shown as re-runs or available on DVD.

TLC also filmed a female version, but it never aired. It took place at Our Lady of the Mississippi Abbey, which is a Trappistine monastery. For awhile, the abbey was selling DVDs of the series, but I am not sure whether that is still true.

In Australia, a female version was filmed at Jamberoo Abbey. They seem to still be selling copies of the DVD, but due to region codes, you may not be able to watch it on your television (but a computer should work fine.)

There might be additional versions.

The big silence. Abbot Christoper Jamison appeared in the Monastery and also appears in this documentary

Thank you so much. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.