TV show: Touch

I watched a recording of the season finale of the tv series Touch starring Kiefer Sutherland. I've seen several other episodes of the series but after watching last nights finale, I'm done with it. When I first started watching it I was intrigued and thought that it might be pretty good but eventually it was clear that this wasn't to be. Although it tries to present an almost reverent tone for the mysteries of life, when you start to read between the lines it's clear that the main theme of the show is a hodge podge of radical determinism i.e., our fates are predetermined via mathematics and physics (which is essentially what secular materialists propose is the ultimate reality) and a mystical Kabbalah ruled by numbers. It's absurd to think that one of the main characters (a brilliant boy with autism) can predict several events that intertwine with each other globally just by being aware of certain cyclic numbers! I like Kiefer Sutherland as an actor (especially in his former series 24) but his role (he plays the boy's father) is wasted here and he seems incredibly out of place. There is also a less than subtle pushing of the usual liberal agendas such as same-sex relations and transgenderism. This series had potential but devolved into a silly New Age plot line. What do others think?

You have succeeded in causing me to believe that the show is a waste of time!

I watched the first episode and never bothered with it again. It was boring, hard to follow (I guess they tied up the loose ends in the last 90 seconds) and if you are looking for more of the same Jack Bauer action, keep looking, this isn't it. :p

I am able to watch shows that are not religious as long as they are not anti-Catholic. I like horror and the supernatural (in literature too) I actually watched the first few episodes of Touch as I thought it had potential and I was a big fan of “Heroes” (I heard Touch is produced by the same people) However, I find it to be getting quite tedious and not living up to its earlier promise.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.