Twelve tribes in the New Jeruslaem

thyrodandstaff

Which apostles will preside over which tribes in the New Jerusalem after the Lord’s Second coming? Is my understanding basically correct that they rule this way? Will everyone be put in one of the tribes? By what criteria will this be done? Thanks!

I don’t know but bump because I’m curious about this too.

Where are you getting this idea from? Once Jesus returns He will rule and no other.

I would ask the same thing. Christ is the king of Heaven and Earth.
The only tride left after the Exile was Judea, thus Jews.

=thyrodandstaff;9338409]thyrodandstaff

Which apostles will preside over which tribes in the New Jerusalem after the Lord’s Second coming? Is my understanding basically correct that they rule this way? Will everyone be put in one of the tribes? By what criteria will this be done? Thanks!

this is an [IMO only post:D]

I don’t think the twelve tribes has ANY direct bearing on non-Jews; beyond the fact thet we are “brethern.”

We don’t “come from” in the same sense as do the Jews; any of the tribes. I SUSPECT that the reference here to the “12 tribes”; an Old Covenant term; NOW applies to the Entire World [NT; New Covenant terminolgy]:slight_smile: See Mt. 10:1-8 and Mt. 28:16-20] for my basis for this belief.

Jer.31: 31 "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,”

2Cor.3: 6 “who has made us competent to be ministers of a new covenant, not in a written code but in the Spirit; for the written code kills, but the Spirit gives life“.

Heb.8: 8, 13 ***” For he finds fault with them when he says: "The days will come, says the Lord, when I will establish a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah; In speaking of a new covenant he treats the first as obsolete. And what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.” ***

Heb.9: 5 “Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred which redeems them from the transgressions under the first covenant“.

Heb.12” 24 “and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks more graciously than the blood of Abel.”

While interestering; it nevertheless lacks relavance:shrug: :slight_smile:

God Bless,
pat/PJM

Unrelated to Catholic tradition

CLOSED

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.