Twisted my foot

I just twisted my foot walking down the basement steps and it’s swelled up really bad. I was about to leave for Mass and I’m bummed that I can’t go. I could use some prayers that this heals tonight and doesn’t turn into something that keeps me off my feet. I’ve got CCD tomorrow and they have a heck of a time finding subs…there will already be two teachers off so we’re combining classes and I NEED to be there.

Thanks.

Lord, I pray for masondoggy. May his ankle heal well enough overnight for him to be able to get to CCD tomorrow without too much of a problem for his ankle. I pray that he has crutches available, so going to CCD is a real possibility. Please keep him from worrying too much about CCD and just help him find a pair of crutches if he hasn’t got any yet. May he find strength in prayer and knowing that if you will for him to be at CCD tomorrow he’ll be there. If for some reason you will him to remain home, may he be abandoned to your merciful love with confidence that you know what you are doing in his life and in the lives of the children at CCD. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Recite:
Thy name is my healing, O my God, and remembrance of Thee is my remedy. Nearness to Thee is my hope, and love for Thee is my companion. Thy mercy to me is my healing and my succor in both this world and the world to come. Thou, verily, art the All-Bountiful, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise.

I was once walking along the street with a group of friends, going out to eat, and I sprained my ankle too. A quiet and sensitive lady in the group immediately took hold my afflicted ankle in both her hands…and I tell you, I was amused at first, then joined my prayers with hers, and was astonished that the pain swiftly went away!

May you see where God is in this and what God is saying…if your ankle is healed, that’s great…if you have to be off your feet for a while, maybe God knows you need some slower time (something busy Moms are very bad about doing).

Thanks so much for the prayers. I made it through CCD this morning ok. I think my foot will be alright, the top of it is just bruised and swollen pretty bad.

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Son

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Two beautiful prayers for healing, one short and a link to one long litany:

Thy name is my healing, O my God, and remembrance of Thee is my remedy. Nearness to Thee is my hope, and love for Thee is my companion. Thy mercy to me is my healing and my succor in both this world and the world to come. Thou, verily, art the All-Bountiful, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise.

bahaiprayers.org/healing6.htm

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.