Two Elderly Women Seriously Ill

A friend of mine who does not visit CAF is really concerned about the health of an elderly family member and the mother of one of her friends. She would prefer that I give no identifying information. Here’s what I can tell you about their situations:

1. The first lady is a relative of my friend, just underwent an operation today for her gall bladder, is in intensive care, and at last report has a weak heartbeat. What was worrying is that my friend tried to get information earlier in the day, and the hospital just wouldn’t say anything for the longest time. It’s already a small miracle that the lady survived the operation at all. Please pray for healing from surgery for the patient, and for peace of mind for my friend.

2. The second lady is the mother of a mutual acquaintance of my friend and me. She went in for an operation on a tumor that the doctors claimed would grow back anyway, but did the operation to buy her some time. After the operation, this lady suffered a stroke. Please pray for her as well as her son and my friend.

Thank you for the kindness of your prayers … My friend will be immensely grateful for any prayers that her fellow Catholics united in the Mystical Body of Christ can say for these intentions. One thing I’d like to mention about my friend is that she’s a Rosary maker.

~~ the phoenix

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day, our daily bread, and forgive us our tresspasses, as we forgive those who tresspass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

MEMORARE,
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen

For the two women who are ill:

Lord, at this moment, I pray that You will hear me and give heed to the voice of my supplication. Stretch forth Your hand and touch these two women and heal them of their infirmities. Grant that they may understand the natures of their illnesses and sustain them as they deal with their effects upon their lives. Strengthen them, O Lord, as they perceive their afflictions, not as an overwhelming obstacle, but rather as a challenge to be met and overcome.

Holy Father Who in Your infinite love created us in Your image and likeness; Who formed their bodies out of the earth and breathed into them Your divine and and life-giving breath; do You, Yourself, Lord, look with mercy upon them, Your children and heal their spirits and bodies. Help them to endure the tribulations of their infirmities and keep their souls safe through all that has happened and will happen.

Yes, Lord, I know that You are present at all times, long in patience, great in mercy and compassion. Receive my prayer at this present time and direct their lives and mine according to Your commandments. Sanctify their souls and mine. Cleanse their bodies and set their minds aright. Deliver them from sorrow, evil and distress. Surround them with Your holy angels, so that, guarded and guided by them, they may overcome this adversity.

Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen :crossrc:

Lord have mercy: Have mercy on them, O Lord, according to Your great mercy, I pray to You, hear me and have mercy. Lord have mercy: Again I ask for your mercy for them; for life, health, peace and for forgiveness of their sins and transgressions. Lord have mercy: Visit, O Lord, and heal their infirmities and deliver them from pain and long suffering.

Lord have mercy: Lord Jesus Christ our Savior, Physician of our souls and bodies, Who for our salvation, became man and suffered death on the Cross; O Lord, visit them in their suffering and grant them grace and strength to bear these illnesses. Heal them, O Lord, not only in body, but also in mind and soul. So that they may please You in all things and praise Your blessed Name all the days of their lives.

Amen. :crossrc:

Also for them:

O great Saint Peregrine, you have been called “the mighty” and “the wonder-worker” because of the many miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you. For so many years you bore in your own flesh a cancerous disease that destroyed the very fiber of your being, and you had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favored with a vision of Christ coming down from His Cross to heal you of your affliction. Ask of God the cure of these two women, whom we entrust to you.

Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy. Amen. :crossrc:

For their doctors:

Saint Luke, most charming and saintly physician, you were animated by the heavenly Spirit of love. In faithfully detailing the humanity of Jesus Christ, you also showed His Divinity and genuine compassion for all people. Inspire now the physicians of these two women with your professionalism and with divine compassion for their patients. Enable them to cure the ills of body and spirit that afflict them and so many others in these days. Amen. :crossrc:

And for their family and friends:

O Lord, fortify the family and friends of these two women with the grace of Your Holy Spirit and give Your peace to their souls and answer their prayers, so that in this hour of doubt they may be free from all anxiety, solicitude and worry. Help them to desire always that which is pleasing and acceptable to You so that Your will may be their will. Amen. :crossrc:

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Daughters

Praying for these two ladies and their families …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Thank you to:

Suzanne57, ljubim, PAboy57, Michael929, jesu1983, and St Gabriel for the kindness of your prayers for these women and those who love and care for them!

Right now I have no updates, but am expecting to see my friend on Saturday. Whenever it turns out that we do talk next, I’ll be sure to let her know you’re all praying. It will mean so much to her, and I’m sure is helping the ladies!

Praying for you in turn,

~~ the phoenix

Please tell your friend that in the land, far across the ocean, originally called, Terra Australis Del Spirito Santo, now Australia, some Catholics are offering a rosary for these good ladies now.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

Continued prayers for your intentions….

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come; Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of Hell; lead all souls into Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

phoenix:

Praying for your intentions during my rosaries.

Blessings,
Judi

UPDATE:

“Amen, amen I say to you, unless the grain of wheat falling into the ground die, Itself remaineth alone. But if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world, keepeth it unto life eternal.” – John 12:24-25

My friend’s elderly relative died at around 2:30 a.m. this morning. My friend caught a plane for the funeral. A mutual friend relayed the news to me, and I reassured him that the prayer warriors here had her covered in prayer. Also, she received the sacraments, which is consoling news. Please pray for the repose of the soul of Agnes, for my friend who dearly misses her, and for the other grieving relatives.

As for the other lady, her condition remains not good and prayers are always welcome.

Thank you to Trishie, Kilo1Mike21, mom4truth and all prayer warriors in this thread for the kindness of your prayers. Praying for you as well.

~~ the phoenix

Jesus please give Your special blessings to the Phoenix for inviting our prayer for this soul who has now gone to You, and thus to help fulfil all that remained to be fulfilled in this loved soul of Your heart.

Please comfort Agnes’ family and her loving friends who will miss her now.

Jesus we appeal to You again for the spiritual and whole welfare of our remaining sister in You.

Thanks again Trishie!

... and to Everyone participating on this thread:

My friend just returned home yesterday from the funeral for Agnes and from settling the estate. She wants you all to know how grateful she is for your prayers.

~~ the phoenix

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.