Two Odd "Corner Case" Questions

Here are two questions that occurred to me at Mass this morning. So I understand that there in order to have a valid Mass, the priest must receive the Eucharist in both species, but these are the things I was wondering about:

1. Does the same go for a concelebrant? Does he need to receive for a valid Mass to take place? I assume its something that he is supposed to do, but does it have to happen for the Mass to be valid?

The other question that struck me is this:

1. I know that there is a limit on the number of Masses that a priest is supposed to say in a single day (although if I remember correctly, that limit can be passed in extreme circumstances), but is there a similar limit on the number of Masses that a deacon can participate in as a deacon (as in, not just attending the Mass but performing his deacon's functions) over the course of a day? And while I'm at it, is the deacon required to receive the Eucharist at a Mass that he acts as a deacon at?

I'd be very grateful for anybody with answers.

[quote="Lujack, post:1, topic:182546"]
Here are two questions that occurred to me at Mass this morning. So I understand that there in order to have a valid Mass, the priest must receive the Eucharist in both species, but these are the things I was wondering about:

1. Does the same go for a concelebrant? Does he need to receive for a valid Mass to take place? I assume its something that he is supposed to do, but does it have to happen for the Mass to be valid?

The other question that struck me is this:

1. I know that there is a limit on the number of Masses that a priest is supposed to say in a single day (although if I remember correctly, that limit can be passed in extreme circumstances), but is there a similar limit on the number of Masses that a deacon can participate in as a deacon (as in, not just attending the Mass but performing his deacon's functions) over the course of a day? And while I'm at it, is the deacon required to receive the Eucharist at a Mass that he acts as a deacon at?

I'd be very grateful for anybody with answers.

[/quote]

1. No, it only is required of the main celebrant, this is why a priest who cannot receive BOTH forms may NOT celebrate Mass alone or as the Main celebrant of a concelebrated Mass.

2. Yes a priest cannot celebrate more than three without permission of his Superior or Bishop. Three is no simiar rule for a deacon that I'm aware of. A Deacon is not required to receive Holy Communion at any Mass.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.