Two sexes 'sin in different ways'

A Catholic survey found that the most common sin for women was pride, while for men, the urge for food was only surpassed by the urge for sex.

The report was based on a study of confessions carried out by Fr Roberto Busa, a 95-year-old Jesuit scholar.

THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS
Men

1. Lust 2. Gluttony 3. Sloth
  2. Anger 5. Pride 6. Envy 7. Greed

Women

1. Pride 2. Envy 3. Anger 4. Lust
  2. Gluttony 6. Avarice 7. Sloth

“We are losing the notion of sin,” he said. “If people do not confess regularly, they risk slowing their spiritual rhythm.”

Article

It is interesting to see how sins of men and women stack up differently. At any rate, without regular confession, one can easily slow spiritual rhythm. With this I whole heartedly agree.

I found this in CAF Ask the Apologist:

The seven virtues that are specific opposites to the Seven Deadly Sins:
Humility against pride
Kindness against envy
Abstinence against gluttony
Chastity against lust
Patience against anger
Liberality against greed
Diligence against sloth.

Thx for that. Sloth was least for women. Seems right. I was always taught to practise what the bible calls- we should meditate on the law of the Lord day and night. This means that whilst not being scrupulous one should constantly examine ones conscience all the time your awake. You don’t worry about decisions like will I choose coke or pepsi unless you want to make a sacrifice, but you must constantly examine whether something is lawful or not. To do this you must know a fair bit about the commandments, laws of the church and teachings of Christ. Seeing this question made me wonder do many peopole constantly meditrate on the law of the Lord? Many catholics will watch tv and not look away and even let there kids watch if a lingerie commercial appears. Do many catholics constantly examine their conscience to see if something is good or bad whilst awake? I am curious.

The report was based on a study of confessions carried out by Fr Roberto Busa, a 95-year-old Jesuit scholar.

I wonder how he carried out this study. I have this image of priests sitting in the confessional making tally marks as they hear confessions. :stuck_out_tongue:

If they could talk would I be embarrased. Thank God for the seal.:smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.