Two sisters to pray for

I’ve got two prayer requests for two sisters:

1. My own, who is very selfish, stubborn, and heathen. Maybe she has her own problems we aren’t aware of, but she is driving me and my mother crazy, and she won’t accept her authority. Please pray that she finds God and happiness in Him.

2. My mother’s youngest sister, Lori. She is 40-some odd years old, and has been in affair with a divorced man for couple of decades or more. She has had a son in that time, Ben.

Lori has had cancer for some time, and for the past four months or so my mother and her six other brothers and sisters have been visiting, taking care of, laughing and crying with their baby sister. They had been doing chemo, but they are stopping because she has tons of tumours in her digestive tract, and they think she only has a very short time to live.

I pray, and I hope you will, too, that she is forgiven for her adulterous relationship and that she accepts her forgiveness. Also I pray that the cancer will not kill her. I pray to Saint Peregrine Laziosi, patron saint of cancer, that she will be saved of it.

Amen.

Praying for your aunt Lori and for your sister …

Petite, et dabitur vobis (“Ask and it shall be given to you”)

PATER NOSTER,
qui es in caelis,
sanctificetur nomen tuum.
Adveniat regnum tuum.
Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra.
Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie,
et dimitte nobis debita nostra
sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris.
Et ne nos inducas in tentationem,
sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

God of mercy and miracles,
we pray today for those who are ill.
Some are terminally ill,
some are seriously ill,
some are temporarily ill,
and some are mysteriously ill,
but they all need a sense of Your presence
and an experience of Your powerful healing touch.

We ask that pain may be eased,
that wounds may be healed,
that fear may be overcome,
that recovery may be swift and complete,
that the entire experience may be one
that strengthens faith
and encourages them to walk humbly with You.

We ask that cures may be found
for diseases that are still a mystery;
we pray that wisdom and insight
may be given to those who toil in the laboratory;
we pray that all of us may be responsible
in the care that we give to our minds and bodies.

We pray for Doctors who diagnose and prescribe;
we pray for families who stand by
and provide comfort and support.
We are grateful for all these human means
by which You work Your miracles of healing.

Amen.

Praying for the conversion/salvation of your sister and aunt. May they both find their life’s meaning in the Lord and follow his ways so things will be well with their souls. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus, Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.