Two suicide bombers kill at least 10 and wound 60 after first opening fire with AK-47s in Brussels-style attack on Istanbul airport

Dreadful news! May they all rest in peace.

*BREAKING NEWS: Two suicide bombers kill at least 10 and wound 60 after first opening fire with AK-47s in Brussels-style attack on Istanbul airport

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3664710/Two-explosions-gunfire-Istanbul-s-Ataturk-airport-cause-multiple-injuries.html#ixzz4CuWRWFRn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook*

Here we go again! The reports so far point to an ISIS-style terrorist attack.

28 now being reported now and dozens injured, may they all RIP.

bbc.com/news/world-europe-36658187

Here we go again, indeed. It is almost becoming routine, isn’t it. Dead up to 28. (this happened before on the Orlando thread - maybe we need a time delay to get a proper dead count before we start up the thread)

And yes I heard authorities think it was ISIL.

May they rest in peace.

I was just checking out flights to Istanbul yesterday. The city is number 1 on my bucket list. Not quite sure what to do at this point.

Get a will in place for starters. ;):smiley:

For starters, change your bucket list.

:smiley:

I guess so.

:smiley:

Death toll, now up to 50 dead.

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/28/explosions-and-gunfire-at-istanbul-ataturk-airport-injuries-repo/

ISIS

Indeed it wouldn’t shock me in the slightest to find out this is an ISIL attack.

In any event there are 50 less people in the world to worry about whether it was ISIL or ISIS. (or Brexit)

Not that it’s much comfort, but it may only be 32, not 50 dead. And ISIL and ISIS are the same thing. Many prefer not using ISIS however as it’s also a beautiful girl’s name that has unfortunately be dragged through the mud by these monsters. I prefer the local’s term for the, which they supposedly hate which to my mind is reason enough to use it, Daesh.

The country is 99% Muslim. If they were all ISIS sympathisers, the city would have been razed months ago. I’m sure it’s no more dangerous than the rest of Europe.

Even better. :wink:

That sounds like profiling. We have to investigate to see if a Quaker or Amish pair just happened to snap while on vacation. If more people die while we are acting crazy, blame the Republicans.

I really hesitated to hit the reply button. It may be seen as harsh criticism of those who deny radical Islam exists in many places so soon after a tragedy. I doubt it will do any good. If they have denied it for this long, one more massacre won’t change anything.

Even now I can sense my Facebook timeline filling up with “This was not Islam, Islam is Peace. I hope this attack does not lead to violence against Muslims…”

:rolleyes:

Uh, no…make that Nigel Farage.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.