Two Thousand Years of Catholic Writings

Has anyone else seen this site? I just stumbled upon it and was very impressed. It wasn’t kidding when it said “Two thousand years of Catholic writings”. This has to be the most comprehensive collection of Catholics writings I’ve seen.

It is, however, a bit old and could use some updating. But it does have a massive list nonetheless.

I haven’t seen this site, but it bears a striking resemblance to the list of ECF writings at www.newadvent.com

-ACEGC

These are both great sites to bookmark. Never know when you’re gonna need some backup.

Thanks!
Jeanette

Hmmm…it lacks some of the better-known mystics like Julian of Norwich. Anybody know of any sites that includes them?

[quote=Wolseley]Hmmm…it lacks some of the better-known mystics like Julian of Norwich. Anybody know of any sites that includes them?
[/quote]

Julian of Norwich
luminarium.org/medlit/julian.htm

Be prepared for music when you open this link.

That is not even that much. ccel.org has a lot of Catholic writings, not all of them are Catholic though. Here is another site with a large number of Catholic writings. Not all the links work though.

jerome2007.tripod.com/catholicbooks_on_the_internet.htm

Here are some writings by Anselm, Nocholas of Cusa, and Hugh of Balma.

cla.umn.edu/jhopkins/

Here is another site that has many books.

catholicprimer.org/library/index.htm

If you ever want to read papal encyclicals here is a site with many of them.

papalencyclicals.net/all.htm

Here is a site that does not have books online but it has a list of Catholic authors who commented on scripture.

people.virginia.edu/~jph8r/transbibnt.html

[quote=jimmy]That is not even that much. ccel.org has a lot of Catholic writings, not all of them are Catholic though. Here is another site with a large number of Catholic writings. Not all the links work though.
[/quote]

Wow, clearly I haven’t explored the Internet as extensively as I could have. Thanks for the links.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.