Two wafer at a time

It is correct that a priest can give Two Wafer at a time during communion? Because, when I received Communion, the priest gave me two wafer at a time, some communicants also noticed it. Because of that, one of us fell a wafer, due to that they are unaware of it. What do you think the message of it?

Sometimes, if the Blessed Sacrament can not be reserved after Mass, the priest will ensure that all of the Hosts are consumed during Communion. That may mean he has to give more than one Host to some people. There is nothing wrong with that but it would have been wise if he had told the people so that it did not come as a surprise that resulted in a dropped Host.

Thanks, that is my first time to receive two wafers. But not all communicants received the same amount. The priest also had officiated another mass after that.

That may be done to assure no Hosts remain.

There is nothing wrong wrong in this per se; uou do not receive "2 bodies" of our LORD :)

God Bless and ICXC NIKA

It is also possible that the priest simply picked up two instead of one.
They are so thin that the hosts aren’t always easy to separate.

May God bless you.

[quote="GEddie, post:4, topic:288259"]
That may be done to assure no Hosts remain.

There is nothing wrong wrong in this per se; uou do not receive "2 bodies" of our LORD :)

God Bless and ICXC NIKA

[/quote]

Thanks, I bothered because that is my first time to recieved two wafers at a time.

I think so, but if just I received the same, I will agree with you, but the priest before he gave it to me, he picked two wafers and arranged it as like one.

In this case, practicalities aside, a little story. Young St Therese did experience a little event where she prayed for a special sign of encouragement and love from the Lord, and her request was that it would be in the form of being given two hosts by the priest. I can’t say it’s always a good thing to put on God to ask for signs, that usually comes from oneself and can lead to discouragement.
She was in fact given two hosts, to her delight…

While I wouldn’t have mentioned it except for your quoted description, it could be that the Lord may have known that I’d see your thread, knowing that little story, and be able to pass on that this could have been a little message from Him of love and encouragement.
As someone who has occasionally received unexpected kindnesses of the Lord, I know that can occur.

I tell you though I don’t feel comfortable in encouraging people to ask for signs as such can so easily be misused. And He knows that too! :slight_smile:

[quote="Trishie, post:8, topic:288259"]
In this case, practicalities aside, a little story. Young St Therese did experience a little event where she oddly prayed for a special sign of encouragement and love from the Lord, and her request was that it would be in the form of being given two hosts by the priest. I can't say it's always a good thing to put on God to ask for signs, that usually comes from oneself and can lead to discouragement.
She was in fact given two hosts, to her delight..

While I wouldn't have mentioned it except for your quoted description, it could be that the Lord may have known that I'd see your thread, knowing that little story, and be able to pass on that this could have been a little message from Him of love and encouragement.
I tell you though I don't feel comfortable in encouraging people to ask for signs as such can so easily be misused. And He knows that too! :)

[/quote]

Thank you very much Trishie. Now I am enlightened.

[quote="Dhugz, post:6, topic:288259"]
Thanks, I bothered because that is my first time to recieved two wafers at a time.

[/quote]

Please note that the term "wafer," which technically refers to a thin piece of bread, is often used as a pejorative term by certain non-Catholics, and can sometimes make Catholics cringe to hear it.

Kind to point that out as I believe that English isn’t our OP’s first language.
We would usually use the word 'host(s)

Anyway, we usually call it Host.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.