Two women charged in boy's death [by Pitbull]

Two women charged in boy’s death
Posted On: Thursday, Aug. 13 2009 05:13 AM
kdhnews.com/news/story.aspx?s=35148

By Jade Ortego
Killeen Daily Herald

Two women are accused of manslaughter in the 2007 death of an 11-year-old boy, who was killed by the family pit bull.

Wednesday, a Bell County grand jury indicted Brenda Ellen Parker, the boy’s grandmother, and Misty L. Lovitt, his mother, on a count of manslaughter and a count of reckless serious bodily injury to a child…

I believe I posted the news article about this in 2007 this is a follow up—Stan.

Such a sad and horrible story! A pit bull is just a dog but can become a killer when owned by irresponsible people. A word to the wise for any potential bully breed owners, make sure you know what you are getting into. They are awesome dogs but are very high energy and extraordinarily strong.

Around that same time another pit bull killed a kid in Texas the parents said they raised the dog from a pup never had a problem with the dog. The boy was lying on the bed with the dog watching TV the dog turn on the boy and rips his throat out.

I know pit bull owners won’t like what I say but if you have kids don’t own a pit bull you’re putting your children in danger.

Yes I heard from owners saying it’s the bad owners not the dog. I can’t count how many times I seen in the news where owners said they never had a problem with the dog but now they have a dead child.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.