Two years after her death, woman gives family wonderful Christmas gift

It takes alot to put this 40 year old guy in tears. After watching the video in the link below, my eyes were leaking.

news.yahoo.com/woman-letter-christmas-radio-iowa-150841905.html

A woman who died more than two years ago has given her family an incredible post-humous Christmas gift.

Brenda Schmitz, wife and mother of four, passed away in September 2011 after a battle with ovarian cancer. She was 46.

A month before she died, Schmitz wrote a letter addressed to a Des Moines, Iowa, radio station and instructed a friend to wait to mail it until her husband, David, had fallen in love again.

The station, Star 102.5, invited David, who recently got engaged, into the studio last week to share the letter with him.

“When you are in receipt of this letter, I will have already lost my battle to ovarian cancer,” Brenda wrote in the letter. “I am writing this letter to be sent to you by a dear friend who has instructions to do so when it was the time. I had to type this because I can hardly type anymore because of my shakiness. I told her once my loving husband David had moved on in his life and had met someone to share his life with again, to mail this letter to all of you at the station.”

Sweet! :thumbsup:

I’m with you, brought about tears while reading that story. Simply beautiful, tragic, but beautiful

Oh, my! You are not kidding! My tears just flowed! What true love Brenda has (even now from Heaven) for her husband!

Hey! I am glad your eyes leaked! It is nice for a guy (specially one who is 40) to be touched. I once showed a “Power Point” presentation I had prepared to a priest (who is in his 50’s) and he cried like a baby!

Merry Christmas!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.