Twofold prayer request

First, please pray that I don’t lose my primary job. I have 3 kids in college (one of whom is still living with me) and I have 2 fulltime jobs (hopefully). I allowed stress and anger to get the best of me and now I must face the music.

Second, please pray that regardless how my job situation turns out, I can find a way to get rid of the stress in my life and perhaps someday be happy again. It’s been a very long time. :frowning:

Haven’t seen you around for a while, and no wonder!

Two fulltime jobs! My goodness! No wonder you’re worn! And that kind of pressure is nmore likely to result in we human beings having occasional explosions, Don’t be too hard on yourself. And of course your feelings suffer, there’s only so much people can handle, but God so far is helping you to at least cope.
I pray that your time for peace and personal joy will come. Let it be so, Lord Jesus.
Lord, may Tietjen’s sincere apology be accepted, and the primary job, and relationships be healed and safe.

Tietjen:

You are in my prayers. Could I also ask you to pray for my father in law? He is dying of mesothelioma, leaving behind a wife of 54 years, and three wonderful children. He is facing a brutal death and I hope that his pain is eased as well as that he finds eternal life.

Let’s pray for one another.

My Prayers are with you. And may you find peace. Trust me I know !

Lord, please help Tietjen get some good prayer time in his/her day. Without regular prayer in our lives none of us could ever be happy. Tietjen is probably working so much he/she probably finds him/herself not making enough time for prayer. But he/she should spend at least 30 minutes in conversatin with you, Lord. That way he/she can be happy again. Help Tietjen to be able to arrange this in his/her schedule, if prayer is not a part of his/her schedule yet. Mass on Sundays is where Tietjen will draw much strength also. Help him/her to draw as much grace from the Mass as possible to help him/her with the week’s tasks and stresses. Help Tietjen not lose his/her job if that job is necessary to pay bills. Thank you, Lord. Amen.

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy;
our life, our sweetness and our hope. To
thee do we cry, poor banished children of
Eve: to thee do we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping in this vale of tears.
Turn then, most gracious Advocate, thine
eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our
exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy
womb, Jesus, O clement, O loving, O sweet
Virgin Mary. Pray for us, O holy Mother of
God that we may be made worthy of the
promises of Christ. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.