U.N. Report Advocates Teaching Masturbation to 5-Year-Olds

:eek:

"U.N. Report Advocates Teaching Masturbation to 5-Year-Olds

NEW YORK — The United Nations is recommending that children as young as five receive mandatory sexual education that would teach even pre-kindergarteners about masturbation and topics like gender violence.

The U.N.'s Economic, Social and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) released a 98-page report in June offering a universal lesson plan for kids ranging in age from 5-18, an
"informed approach to effective sex, relationships" and HIV education that they say is essential for “all young people.”…

Entire article here: foxnews.com/story/0,2933,543203,00.html?test=latestnews

I’m sure many 5 year olds have discovered masturbation for themselves.

AAACCCKKKK!!! Wow… the UN needs to be done away with.

I think the younger they teach kids about stuff like that the better. With underage sex and pregnancy through the roof maybe. Its about time the higher ups are starting to combat it

It is NOT appropriate for ANY child to be taught this type of behavior, especially inappropriate sexual touching.

This is just plain disgusting and is further proof of how the plague of Liberalism perverts the minds of those infected.

Here’s an alternative to teaching children that evil is good:

It’s not too young to start teaching children about chastity and their inherent dignity and worth as human beings.

Chastity seems to be the forgotten virtue. :confused:

All this talk about “let’s just teach chastity is rediculous”. It doesn’t prepare kids for what the real world is actually like. I WISH somebody had told me about this stuff when I was a kid because until I got into high school I knew absolutely nothing and having to find out from my friends that didn’t know a thing either. Sheltering children doesn’t protect them, it just makes them ignorant.

We need to teach young boys to respect their mothers and fathers, and especially their sisters. WE do not need to teach inappropriate TOUCHING. We need to help young girls maintain self esteem so they don’t think they have to have sex with the first boy who thinks they are “CUTE”. The answer is NOT teaching this disgusting MORTAL SIN to 5 year olds!

Sex is in mainstream society yo cant even open a newspaper without seeing it spread all over the place. Kids are perceptive and pick it up. Is it not better to combat this take the mystery away and teach them some of the moral and health implications of sleeping around.
There is nothing wrong with sex however there is something wrong about having sex a ta young age, and kids need to be aware of it. burying our head in the sand will not work.

better to teach them that sexual intimacy belongs in the confines of a healthy marriage between a husband and wife than to have them learn about it from their “friends” or “television”.

Maybe I was just gifted, but when I was a child, I figured it out all on my own…

I think its safe to say that 99% of teenage boys throughout history had no problem “discovering it” without a UN mandate…

OK, I don’t agree that kids that young should be given lessons in masturbation.

However, it’s probably a good idea to remember that the U.N. is not a religious organization; and that since not even all Christians agree that masturbation is sinful or immoral, they probably didn’t feel any need to run it by the Vatican before publishing it.

OK. You win the prize for funniest post of the day. :thumbsup:

Teaching kids to make good sexual choices and to inform them of the consequences of actions they might take is one thing, but to actually teach a 5 year old kid about masturbation is beyond disgusting. As someone who suffered from an addiction to masturbation for a long time and knows full well the profound negative effects of such a thing, I am seeting right now. I cannot believe the UN has the nerve to even propose something like this. God help us.

They’ve had sex education in schools since the 70s (at least…I had it in 6th grade in 1976), and the sexualization of youth and teenage sexual promiscuity has continued to skyrocket since. What is “ridiculous” is the charge that teaching chastity is ridiculous.

Also, for the record, I’m not for teaching “just chastity,” but I don’t believe in getting too explicit in sex education. Kids should be taught the birds and the bees (i.e. what happens when you have sex and where babies come from); about sexually transmitted diseases; and about the proper role of sex (i.e. between a married couple). Our local schools use a chastity-focused program that teaches kids about relationships, as well as the sex-ed basics.

There is no place for teaching kids how to masturbate, different methods of fornicating, how to put a condom on, etc. These don’t contribute to slowing the spread of diseases and pregnancy - they accelerate them by encouraging promiscuity and increasing sexual addiction problems that are becoming pervasive in our society.

It leads to blindness, madness, and hairy palms. Statistics no doubt bear me out on this.

Results not typical. Void where prohibited. Madness only applies to residents of NY, NJ, MA, CA, OR, and RI; see your elected representative for details.

I’ve seen madmen in my neighborhood, but no hairy-palmed ones!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.