U.S. Finalizes Sale of F-15s to Saudi Arabia

While making regular threats against Syria, a country where Christians serve in the government, the US continues to arm the world’s most anti-Christian country and producer of terrorists foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/29/us-to-sell-f-15s-to-saudi-arabia-officials-say/

Chrstianity, and even simply religious freedom, are clearly not priorities in US foreign policy.

That’s all we need.

We have been selling the Saudis jets and other weapons for years. So far, they have not invaded or threatened to bomb anyone.

I don’t know how to feel about our relationship with Saudia Arabia. We gain a great deal and lose a great deal no matter which way we go with them.

The US is still propping up an evil despotic anti-Christian regime that has crushed protests for reform at home and sent it’s military into Bahrain to murder Shia protesters. Ironic how the Middle East uprisings are viewed as positive when they occur in countries that America doesn’t like, but they’re negative when they happen in places where the local government is pro-US.

Yes, democracy in other countries is not our top foreign policy concern either and has not been for a long time, if it ever was. It’s all about our national security and our economy.

That same virtue could be said about Iraq under Saddam Hussein. Just because Christians have a role in government doesn’t mean that the government isn’t tyrannical and committing horrible abuses of human rights.

This has characterized US foreign policy for decades; not only in the Mideast, but around the world.

All in the name of oil. :rolleyes:

In regards to the situation in Syria, I choose to believe the reports from church leaders like Patriarch Gregorios III Laham, Archbishop Hilarion Capucci, Orthodox Archbishop Atallah Hanna, Mar Gregorios Yohanna Ibrahim, Syro-Orthodox Metropolitan of Aleppo, and many others, rather than that of the US State Department and the CIA.

As for  Saudi Arabia, I think it's high time we stopped aiding anti-Christian regimes around the world, period.

American workers built those planes and earned good salaries doing it. Americans built the machines that built the planes and made good salaries doing that. American longshoremen will load them on American ships manned by American merchant mariners. The planes are cut-down versions of the ones our own Air Force uses…lacking some of the most advanced bells and whistles, but good enough for use in the Middle East, should it come to that. Their planes and pilots would not even remotely be a match for our own and cannot be a threat to us.

Oh yes, and they will have to have American spare parts indefinitely, and American technical support. Remember how useless American planes were to the Ayatollah Khomeni when we wouldn’t supply parts?

All this while Obama refuses to allow utilization of American natural resources, increasing the cash flow to places like the Middle East and, while he’s at it, encouraging the export of American jobs. Yes, I know where most of our imported oil comes from, but oil is a fungible item worldwide, and we do, indeed, use Middle Eastern oil somewhat. So some of the money comes back home because we can build sophisticated planes and they can’t. And we’re to complain about that?

As one poster noted, Saudi Arabia has not had an aggressive history in this or the last century. So, they want their air force pilots to have nifty new American fighters so they can all feel better about their situation vis a vis the very aggressive Iran. So what?

This may be a case of “The enemy of my enemy is my friend.” I believe that Saudi Arabia is as nervous, or more so, than the United States is in regard to Iran. One of the “Wikileaks” that was released was a request by Saudi Arabia to attack Iran. The Saudis may be a ally of convenience…and they happen to have a lot of money.

I’ve never heard of this before. :shrug:

Vietnam, Afghanistan…

Not to mention assisting Israel in illegally taking land from Palestinians.

Saudi Arabia poses a far greater threat to America than Iran. It is Saudi Arabia, and not Iran, that has radicalized over 80 pct of the mosques in the USA. Christianity is legal in Iran, but it is illegal in Saudi Arabia. The Saudis are the real enemy, but we will never realise that so long as we allow the US State Department to do our thinking for us.

80% of “the mosques” in the USA are “radicalised”? What’s that meant to mean?

The F-15 is an outdated aircraft and one that the US military will be likely phasing out in the coming years in favor of the F-35. Who cares if we sell an aging aircraft to the Saudis? Even the Israelis dont care because what they have already is much better than the F-15. We are essentially selling a used car to the Saudis.

A recent study found that 80% of all mosques in America are radicalized. Meaning, they distribute literature that is basically anti-American values, and pro-Islam.

Isn’t that wonderful?

Lemon and Lime, just do a search on Yehudit Barsky and Mosques, and you’ll see what I’m referring to. He’s an Israeli anti-terrorism expert.

What study? Unless you provide a link, I don’t believe you.

In fact, I don’t believe you anyway. If 80% of them are “radicalised” you’d know more about it.

I think a face-palm is appropriate right now.

The last thing we need is a country that breeds hatred to own our technology.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.