U.S. GDP Dropped 2.9% In The First Quarter 2014, Down Sharply From Second Estimate

Read post #4 that’s were my comment was made. If you don’t see that as racist, just change that to it being your family then it should hit home.

I’m not here defending Obama, all I did was defend my people, a lot of these men come to bust their behinds if you think im lying go to were the new houses are being built, nothing but Hispanics. Trust me I live in Texas I know so don’t question my credibility,

I don’t foresee anything getting better because Obama wants to see our country in decline. As long as he can travel around on Air Force One and fly around the world and attend fundraisers with his hollywood buddies and take his vacations every two or three months and has time to play golf he doesn’t really care how the rest of us are living.
Helping America to succeed and be great is not part of his agenda.

As a curmudgeon, I resent the sense of humor reference:)

Well I have lived in arizona since 1978 so I have seen the effects of illegal immigration first hand. I used to teach english to many foreigners-most were illegals. I sympathize with their plight.
I know many are hard working and are seeking better opportunities for themselves and future generations. Not all come to our country for those noble reasons though.

See your answer was just. To me the post #4, seemed to pint the fingers at Hispanics, like in a sense, saying you, you, you. In Spanish station both radio and tv, most I cant say all but most have said look guys our people don’t want to jump the line (which is something people seem to think they want) they just want an opportunity to demonstrate that they belong here.

Of course that means no criminal records, dwi’s, domestic violence, and other stuff. Those people on the firs offense should get deported. Now those who do bust their behinds should be able to demonstrate themselves.

I don’t know where he was heading with the comment; he/she would have to clarify that. But, it sounds like you responded to what you think is an unfair generalization with one of your own.

One can not say, illegals are coming here and are being dispersed by the government to pass sicknesses to others without seeing it as a racist comment.

What I told this person was to see what we have here in the USA, we have a lot of sicknesses here sometimes serious sicknesses and he can not point his fingers at outsiders when we have our problems.

We have a right to protect our borders.
It is not fair for those who folloe the law and want to legally enter the united states.

Our economy is already stalled. Many americans are unemployed and receiving food stamps or welfare. When this many people are crossing the border it puts a strain on all agencies.
Did they think they would be put up in hotels with free room and board?

The economy is slow enough without thousands of illegals crossing the border in a daily basis!

abc15.com/news/national/immigrants-bringing-diseases-across-border

MCALLEN, TX - There’s a growing health concern with hundreds of illegal immigrants crossing over into southern Texas.

U.S. Border Patrol agents are worried that what’s coming over into the U.S. could harm everyone.

This time the focus is not on the women and children that are crossing over in droves.

Agents are worrying about a viral outbreak.

“We are sending people everywhere. The average person doesn’t know what’s going on down here,” said Border Patrol agent and Rio Grande Valley Union representative Chris Cabrera.

Cabrera says agents are seeing illegal immigrants come over with** contagious infections**.

Detention centers and holding facilities have quarantined areas for those who come in sick. But Cabrera says the sick and healthy are separated only by caution tape.

“There’s been an outbreak of scabies that’s been going on for the past month,” Cabrera said.

Texas border resident Jorge Garcia says word about the contagious skin infection is getting around.

“Our Border Patrol agents check on us all the time and they told us about the outbreak of scabies,” Garcia said.

Cabrera says the sickness doesn’t stop at scabies.

“We are starting to see chicken pox, MRSA staph infections, we are starting to see different viruses,” Cabrera said.

Garcia believes the viruses are not confined to the detention center. Not long ago, a group of border-crossers came knocking on his door.

“It was a 7-month-old baby. It was shaking, it had a fever,” Garcia said.

The Department of Homeland Security called in Coast Guard medics to help treat those who are sick. But Cabrera doesn’t believe the federal government is doing enough. He says other Border Patrol agents have contracted scabies and he fears it will spread quickly.

It’s contagious, we are transporting people to different parts of the state and different parts of the country,” Cabrera said.

There is the ebola outbreak in west africa that they are saying is out of control. All we need is ONE person from there to come and create havoc.

The whole situation from a health standpoint is not good!

So im guessing your on the same boat, that’s fine, but like I have stated as someone who works in ems for 5 years, I see a lot of serious sicknesses from mainly American citizens. No one is putting warning flags on that.

You’re taking things way too personally. People can be rightfully concerned about health care issues and communicable diseases. And this tidal wave of immigrants is overloading the system and it can’t contain the diseases.

Your personal feelings of being wronged are not more important than public safety.

And you are completely wrong about sicknesses in the US. Some diseases aren’t properly discussed because they inflict a politically popular group (i.e. HIV, etc). But one wrong action of not properly reporting is no excuse to do it in this instance. Also, if there is a outbreak of a communicable disease, there is usually big press releases and info about the outbreak.

It’s not unlikely the weather had something to do with it. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that’s the whole explanation. This economy has not really done well since 2008. It has improved since 2009, but nowhere near what it should have been.

I really do fear we’re getting into a new situation in which unemployment is permanently high, the currency is continually devaluated, unproductive dependency grows, and in which the economy suffers due to imprudent foreign and domestic measures of various kinds.

One needs to remember that even during the Great Depression there were years in which the GDP rose more than it has at any time during the current administration.

My reply to zz’s post is in the middle of his quote.

Posting on a smartphone has its drawbacks! :smiley:

Well, it was a hard winter for everyone. Lets pray for better times ahead.

ATB

I agree with Ridgerunner - I don’t think the weather had anything to do with the economy either. This administration has to point its finger somewhere!

If you review earlier posts, I talked about how the weather has drastically affected farming in the US which has had an affect on the economy. That’s not all of it, but it has had an affect.

pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/06/25/illegal-alien-flood-brings-killer-swine-flu-back-into-texas/

Part of the reason for having a system of law and order governing immigration vice the lawlessness we’ve had for the last few administrations and aided and abbeted by various state legislatures is due to health concerns. I believe the US screened folks at Ellis Island routinely for things like tuberculosis during the European migrations. It wasn’t about color, it was a simple acknowledgement of reality, immigrants can carry diseases and its a good thing if we can detect it and act on it.

Sure, Americans get sick too and spread disease. We’d like a system of health care to help identify and control that. It doesn’t help when we have uncontrolled immigration to add to the situation. Saying Americans gets sick too simply avoids the valid point that the uncontrolled immigration is a disease vector. That’s true. So on top of all the other ramifications of the lawlessness at the border (and that’s been true well before the current administration and across administrations of both parties) there is a health risk that must be dealt with, and compassionately providing medical care to the immigrants is benefical to the country as well as them.

Yes flooding, freezes, droughts does have an affect on the economy but not to the extent we are seeing over so many years.
We have been almost stagnant.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.