U.S. Government finally admits that cannabis destroys cancer cells and protects healthy cells

newstarget.com/2016-01-21-u-s-government-finally-admits-that-cannabis-destroys-cancer-cells-and-protects-healthy-cells.html

Cannabis has been demonized as a gateway drug for more than 80 years. Now, in a stunning, though quiet, feat of acknowledgment, the U.S. National Cancer Institute (NCI) has admitted that cannabis kills cancer cells without harming normal cells.

In addition, health officials also implied that cannabinoids can foster the effectiveness of chemotherapy without adding to the side-effects. According to health researchers on the U.S. government’s Cancer.gov website:

“A laboratory study of cannabidiol (CBD) in human glioma cells showed that when given along with chemotherapy, CBD may make chemotherapy more effective and increase cancer cell death without harming normal cells. Studies in mouse models of cancer showed that CBD together with delta-9-THC may make chemotherapy such as temozolomide more effective.”

“A study in mice showed that cannabinoids may protect against inflammation of the colon and may have potential in reducing the risk of colon cancer, and possibly in its treatment.”

“A laboratory study of delta-9-THC in hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer) cells showed that it damaged or killed the cancer cells. The same study of delta-9-THC in mouse models of liver cancer showed that it had antitumor effects. Delta-9-THC has been shown to cause these effects by acting on molecules that may also be found in non-small cell lung cancer cells and breast cancer cells.”

“A laboratory study of cannabidiol (CBD) in estrogen receptor positive and estrogen receptor negative breast cancer cells showed that it caused cancer cell death while having little effect on normal breast cells. Studies in mouse models of metastatic breast cancer showed that cannabinoids may lessen the growth, number, and spread of tumors.”

Fascinating. Thanks for the post.

It’s about time. Science has known about the cancer-killing effects of cannabis since at least the 1970’s. To keep quiet anymore is a crime against humanity.

It’s a grotesque sin that this has been kept from us and that lives have been ruined because of cannabis prohibition!

Might aid in killing cancer cells, but it sure isn’t helpful to brain cells in people without cancer.

True.

We have too many brain cells anyway and don’t know what to do with them. They are much overrated: just look at the current crop of presidential candidates!

Just take the steps to PREVENT cancer…remove toxins in your environment (like in personal care products), eat whole, raw, organic foods, don’t smoke, drink in moderation, don’t take birth control pills.

It’s always a huge red flag for me when a website says finally in terms of medical usage

Indeed.

The site says that it is “Independent news for awakened minds.”

If this was truly a statement from official government channels, then why isn’t it showing up on other news sites?

It’s a conspiracy I’m tellin ya.

I may be being ignorant. But what would the optimal delivery method of it be? Smoking? Some sort of oral drug? Smoking would seem to be the least helpful due to the smoke but I am probably wrong.

Vaporizing or cooking.

I have not come across those forums growing grass in greenhouses, hydroponics and with all sorts of gadgets as saying they are doing it because they are suffering from cancer and they need that for medical treatment or that it is for aesthetic purposes. If cannabis is medicine, then it should be researched and labelled as a prescribed drug specifically for the treatment of specific cancer. Similarly for some opiates for medical purposes for pain killing.

Somehow I feel pharmaceuticals are not interested in putting money into something that everyone else can grow in the backyard or window sills. That would be the favourite potted plant to bring on your hospital visits which can lessen your medical bills. Every time you feel that your cancer therapy need a boost, just take some of these leaves. But please do it outside. The hospital is a non-smoking area.:stuck_out_tongue:

We are stuck with them **because **unlike Hercule Poirot, most people’s gray cells go unused.

We don’t need legalized marijuana, we need the reverse. The human mind needs to be valued again.

And BTW, a lot of substances do good medically that are not acceptable to use for fun.

ICXC NIKA

When you search for information on this subject be sure to include “NCBI,” which will give you results from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).

The article is correct, and the information is very easy to find when you include that search term.

I’ve read that in Israel, where over the years cannabis has not been as tightly regulated for medical use, it’s use for cancer has been helpful. And I can imagine cannabis’s use in a positive manner will be something we’ll be hearing more about in the years ago, with the successful legalization of marijuana in many US locations.

Don’t imagine it would be as fun to smoke, but another substance that has been around for a long time, and recognized as having positive effects against fighting cancer, but largely ignored is a compound called 3-BP. It has been shown to typically cure cancer in animal trials. Due to the lack of ability to patent 3-BP, and its inexpensive price pharmaceutical companies have not shown much interest in 3-BP over the decades.

I did see a hospital is now offering 3-BP though. The patient writes ups mentioned on the sight make its use sound encouraging. The nice thing about 3-BP, if it works out, is side effects are minimal. The Arizona hospital offering 3-BP has this write up on the compound.

dayspringcancerclinic.com/3-bromopyruvate-and-dayspring-cancer-clinic/

excerpt:

Dayspring Cancer Clinic is one of only a few cancer clinics in the USA that is currently making available the product 3-Bromopyruvate (3-BP) to patients with all types of cancer, not just liver cancer. Dayspring has an IRB accepted proposal to make this compound available to patients. 3-BP far surpasses targeted therapies as targeted therapies are quickly made obsolete by intratumoral heterogeneities (the cancer cells are too varied for a targeted therapy to have a long lasting effect). But 3-BP works on all PET scan positive cancer cells. These cancer cells all have a unique cellular metabolism that can be attacked by a small molecule such as 3-BP. Dr. Peter Pedersen’s lab at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore Maryland has thoroughly investigated 3-BP and a formulation for 3-BP has been worked out to increase efficacy, decrease toxicity and nuance the delivery to cancer cells.

Patients, scientists and many others are frequently interested in knowing whether 3-BP is more effective and less toxic to cancer patients than currently approved chemotherapy drugs.1 Certainly this is the case for experimental animals. In fact 3-BP is one of the most effective anti-cancer drugs, and in some cases perhaps the most effective.2 3-BP targets the essential energy production machinery of cancer cells while leaving the same machinery in normal cells preserved. This discovery has been instrumental in propelling a new direction in cancer research focused on selectively targeting the cancer cells’ energy production factories. In fact, Dr. Peter Pedersen’s lab of Johns Hopkins, is the pioneer in conceptualizing/inventing this new strategy. From the brief descriptions numbered sequentially below, one will see how and why 3-BP works so effectively as an anticancer agent…

What they dont tell you is, brain cells grow back though!

Its also great for a number of other medical problems, I think the problem is, the LE community and DEA dont want to admit it has medical use, if they had their say, most every drug would scheduled and regulated!

Smoking or vaping would be the quickest delivery but it really depends on what you want. If you need to take it in order to eat, smoking would probably be the best bet. When you vape you get mostly THC and not the other cannabinoids (you can use the leftovers for cooking though). Eating will give a longer lasting and more intense experience. A lot of people don’t like eating for that reason. It’s also very easy to eat too much. I’d imagine that eating would be best for pain management though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_News

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.