U.S. military says service member killed, 3 others wounded in raid in Yemen targeting local al-Qaida affiliate

The U.S. military says a service member has been killed and three others wounded in raid in Yemen targeting a local al-Qaida affiliate.

U.S. Central Command said in a statement Sunday that another service member was injured in a “hard landing” in a nearby location.

It says the aircraft was unable to fly afterward and “was then intentionally destroyed in place.”

It says 14 fighters from al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula were killed in the assault and that U.S. service members captured “information that will likely provide insight into the planning of future terror plots.”

Yemeni security and tribal officials say the assault in central Bayda province killed three senior al-Qaida leaders.

apnews.com/667b8c318d4a40b486b54559c48084f4?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

May healing come to the injured, through the mercy of God. May they look to the Eternal One in time of difficulty, drawing near Him in truth. May every moment of their recovery be a step toward continuous conversion.

For the deceased:

Eternal rest grant unto him, oh Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen.

And for families who wait:

May the God of all grace keep them in perfect peace, teaching them by His Holy Spirit to trust Him fully. May we all embrace the mercy of God in continuing conversion. Soften hardened hearts, strengthen tender hearts. Through Christ, our Lord.

The United States needs to stop invading and bombing other people’s countries. We’re the world’s #1 terrorists.

Pfthhhh. Ok. So we should sit idly by, sipping mint julips on the veranda while untold numbers are being slaughtered wholesale, worse than butchered. If my children were being raped, disemboweled, burned, crucified in front of me, as has happened and is happening, I would pray to the Lord for someone to come for the right bastards doing it. And I wouldn’t confuse imperfect justice with terrorism.

Don’t spend so much time listening to erstwhile college professors from the left coast, and for heaven’s sake, turn off MSNBC and cancel your membership in agitators r us.

I. Can’t. Even.

The United States has murdered countless people across the Muslim world over the past 3 decades. The present chaos is a direct result of our interference in other people’s countries.

I don’t need a liberal college professor or MSNBC to tell me basic right and wrong, and it’s wrong for the world’s richest most powerful country to be dropping bombs on the poorest people in the world.

Plus every college professor and TV talking head I’ve ever heard have been all in favor of America fixing the world through military force. It’s time to give peace a chance and mind our own business.

Peace be with you.

I scarcely believe Christians, non-violent Muslims, & Yazidis are being exterminated because of American foreign policy. Particularly difficult would be proving a direct causal relationship. But it makes an excellent sound bite.

Not when those poor people are slaughtering their neighbors. It may not be perfect, but it’s justice of a sort.

Can’t say that’s been my experience, but perhaps you’ve been overexposed to FOX & the 700 Club instead.

And with you; just don’t make the mistake of believing that appeasement will bring it about. There is no appeasing those who want only destruction and domination.

I scarcely believe Christians, non-violent Muslims, & Yazidis are being exterminated because of American foreign policy. Particularly difficult would be proving a direct causal relationship. But it makes an excellent sound bite.

Not when those poor people are slaughtering their neighbors. It may not be perfect, but it’s justice of a sort.

Can’t say that’s been my experience, but perhaps you’ve been overexposed to FOX & the 700 Club instead.

And with you; just don’t make the mistake of believing that appeasement will bring it about. There is no appeasing those who want only destruction and domination.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.