U.S. Says Navy SEALs Stage Raid on Somali Militants

nytimes.com/2013/10/06/world/africa/mall-attack-also-involved-kenyans-official-says.html?smid=tw-bna&_r=1&

NAIROBI, Kenya — A Navy SEAL team targeted a senior leader of the Shabab militant group in a raid on his seaside villa in the Somali town of Baraawe on Saturday, American officials said, in response to a deadly attack on a Nairobi shopping mall for which the group had claimed responsibility.

The SEAL team stealthily approached the beachfront house by sea, firing on the unidentified target in a predawn gunbattle that was the most significant raid by American troops on Somali soil since commandos killed Saleh Ali Saleh Nabhan, a Qaeda mastermind, near the same town four years ago.
Way to go Navy SEALS!!!

In the original "mall attack" 39 men, women and children were shot in the head ages ranging from 2 to 78.

job well done navy seals!!!! glad they were successful and that someone had a plan to take some kind of action against these terrorists!!!

the reporting seemed to suddenly stop regarding the mall attack. the total number dead I thought was over 60 or 70. and some were still missing. was 39 the number who appeared to have been coldly executed by shooting them in the head?

This was an excellent use of our SEALS.

This is a good use of the military. May we pray for the safety of the military. They do a fantastic job!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My guess is that this is nothing more than an attempt to win support for the Obama administration, wave the flag and cheer for America, and deny that the country is in trouble. Meanwhile this country remains a terrorist in enabler in Syria and Libya.

Personally, I'd be a whole lot more impressed if anyones commandos hit a terrorist aid meeting in Qatar or Saudi Arabia.

Nothing gets the flags waving like more war and killing.

Come on bro, the partisan arguement is a bit weak. Obviously I’m not a large fan of Obama but they track these radical fools, and frankly every now and again the good guys win. :smiley:

[quote="Son_of_Niall, post:8, topic:341198"]
Nothing gets the flags waving like more war and killing.

[/quote]

Who cares if flags wave or not -as long as the terrorists are getting justified.

...it's not acceptable behavior to shoot two year old babies in the face point blank range. These terrorists are satanic. They belong in hell.

Your not a large fan of Obama? I’m glad I saw that in righting or I never would have believed it.:smiley:

On a similiar note, I saw that Delta picked up Anas al-liby(i) in Libya. Interestingly he was wanted for masterminding the Nairobian Embassy bombing in '98. Like to be a fly on the wall during those interviews.

For the negative posters. Our guys have been looking for Anas al-liby(i) for years. When opportunity presents :shrug: They strike. Politics has nothing to do with these men, and how they conduct their business.

ATB

Another well executed overseas contingency operation.:thumbsup:

[quote="TEPO, post:10, topic:341198"]
Who cares if flags wave or not -as long as the terrorists are getting justified.

...it's not acceptable behavior to shoot two year old babies in the face point blank range. These terrorists are satanic. They belong in hell.

[/quote]

I, as a Catholic, do not celebrate the death of any human being. I'm sorry you are able to.
It is certainly not Catholic to consign anyone to Hell. We leave that up to God.

I don’t celebrate death. I celebrate justice. May the Lord God judge me accordingly.

…so you’re saying that murderers should go free? Even when they vow that they will do it again like these terrorists openly did? That’s not very Catholic according to our social teaching standards.

[quote="Darryl1958, post:12, topic:341198"]
Another well executed overseas contingency operation.:thumbsup:

[/quote]

yes indeed. :yup:

If you want to get picky, God never does that. Everyone in hell volunteered for the assignment.

I can certainly celebrate that evil men will never again murder the innocent. Great if they are captured alive, tried, and imprisoned. If they die resisting their just fate, that is their choice.

Military victories are worth celebrating, given the bloody alternatives of not winning these battles.

We can only assume that God shares our desire for justice as well. We can't tell him how to do his job, but when it comes to justice to people that hold guns to toddlers heads and blow their brains out, we can only trust in the fact that our God is a God of Justice.
He will do the right thing.

i celebrate anytime evil is defeated.

[quote="7_Sorrows, post:18, topic:341198"]
i celebrate anytime evil is defeated.

[/quote]

Me too.
Those victories are rare enough that we need to celebrate them when we can.

Are you saying that terrorists should get off free? Does the Catholic Church teach that that this type of aggression is bad? I don’t think so.

Forget Chemical Weapons. Assad Regime Uses Starvation as Tactic Against Rebels
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.